Problem with ASRock X79 Extreme6 in combination with E5-2687W ES QA91.

Hi guys,

I have a small issue. I own 2 (older) motherboards with the X79 chipset and an Intel E5-2687W ES QA91.
Yes, this is an engineering sample which came out of an older server (I didn’t know these were installed in some servers in general, but oh well).

With my first motherboard, which is an Asus P9-X79 Pro the E5-2687W ES QA91 works.
This is after I update the CPU Microcode of the Asus BIOS file; 7. Update Intel CPU MicroCode > 2. Update CPU MicroCode Engineering Sample. Many thanks for that.

However this doesn’t work on my other motherboard. Same chipset, but different brand; ASRock X79 Extreme6.
I already tried updating the BIOS with with ‘Update CPU MicroCode Engineering Sample’, however it will not boot/post…

If I check and compare the update CPU MicroCode (for Engineering Samples) between the boards, it’s exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Could it be some protection with ASrock motherboards, or something else maybe?

Can someone please explain this or provide a solution. The reason is that I don’t want to use my Asus motherboard for the E5-2687W (ES QA91), but rather the ASrock motherboard.

Thank you in advance.

//update

I have included the latest BIOS for the ASrock motherboard.

X79 Extreme6(3.10)ROM.zip (4.82 MB)