Problem with toshiba XG4 and windows 7

HI everybody

I have a toshiba XG4 m2 256go ssd ( THNSF5256GPUK ) and I become crazy with an installation of windows 7 pro 64 on it.

After the install, my lenovo M710s reboot indefinitely. In safemode it stops at disk.sys file

However I use a modded windows 7 iso with KB2990941 and KB3087873 integrated. I test my iso in a regular hdd pc, no problem encountered

With "pure" 64bit OCZ NVMe driver v1.2.126.843 mod+signed by Fernando, windows installer tell me that there is no compatible driver for your peripheral.

If someone have encountered the same problem, please give me your info

Thanks in advance

@chim57 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you know the HardwareIDs of the SSD’s NVMe Controller, please post them.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando,

I have the same problem. My hardware ID PCI\VEN_1179&DEV_0115. Thank you.

@NSpirit :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

My latest mod+signed 32/64bit OCZ NVMe drivers definitively do support the NVMe Controller of your specific Toshiba NVMe SSD.
The problem is, that you may not be able to use any driver from scratch, which has not been WHQL certified by Microsoft.
My tip: Use Win10 instead of Win7. In this case you will be able to get the OS installed onto the NVMe SSD (due to the in-box generic NVMe driver). Once the OS is running, you can manually replace the in-use MS NVMe driver by my mod+signed one, but you will have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option.
Note: You have to update the driver of the NVMe Controller, which is listed within the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager. Don’t try to update the driver of any device, which is listed within the “Disk drives” section.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)