[Problems] Installation of XP x64 onto an Intel 7-Series Chipset System

@Fernando

I have an issue going on with my fans incessantly spinning and GPU not being seen in device manager on Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 VOL. Please, see my second update in my OP, here (I used your AHCI and Chipset drivers): https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…-question.78667

Everything you’re going to ask me is probably already in that thread, within my first and second post. Also, I posted in the first update a brief guide, within my OP, to workarounds on some issues I had throughout my attempt to install, which ought to prove useful to those in the future whom may make the attempt at revival. In fact, I noticed a lot of people had previously ran into a brick wall with these issues in the past, right here on this forum. So, it should be a good contribution!

Thanks for your time in advance,
J

@hyphenateddigital :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

In my eyes it doesn’t make much sense to start a discussion about the same topic within different Forums.
Don’t count on me regarding any help. I have enough to do in my own Forum.

Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@hyphenateddigital :
Since you problems have nothing to do with the topic “Integration of Intel’s AHCI/RAID Drivers by using nLite”, I have moved your request into this freshly created thread and gave it a hopefully meaningful title.
If you shouldn’t like it, you can change the thread title by editing the start post.

never problem with easy2boot and chipset x99, the problem is with new gpu generation then unsopported more xp, I have install untill gtx 980

@ hyphenateddigital

Since your original postings are on another forum I suggest you Copy and Paste these additional posts from that forum into your first post here. That forum requires a user account there to even see what you had posted.

But from a hardware standpoint any 7 Series Ivy Bridge can install XP 32-Bit/64-Bit just fine. There should be no reason why it can’t see the video card detected in the Device Manager. If it’s not showing there try booting into Windows 7 and check the Device Manager if it is also missing. If it is missing in both then the video card is defective. Since you are using Ivy Bridge I assume you are using the Intel HD Graphics for display.

Since XP drivers exist for Ivy Bridge iGPUs you can still install that driver to run your XP software.

I also recommend plugging in a few other PCIe video cards in the same slot and seeing if those are visible. If it shows up then that proves the original card is defective or you didn’t properly insert it all the way fully which can happen. Another possibility is the slot is defective so try moving that card to another slot and boot the machine and check the Device Manager again. If it still is missing try again with all other remaining slots.

If all these slots fail to see the card you can try one more drastic thing.

Go to your BIOS and disable onboard Audio, Network, Wifi, anything that is onBoard.

Next unplug all the internal cards you have installed.

All the motherboard slots should be empty.

Hook up an HDMI cable to your motherboard’s HDMI port and then boot to the BIOS to make sure your primary display device is set to your Intel iGPU.

Boot up in XP again and install the drivers just for the Intel HD Graphics.

Reboot the system.

Check the Device Manager to make sure the driver is properly installed and it’s functioning properly for HDMI video and audio.

Repeat the testing of other video cards and all the slots.

If it still fails to detect any of your video cards you might have a partially corrupt BIOS.

Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Depending on the MB you can flash the BIOS inside the BIOS or if you are using Asrock or Asus they will provide a Windows executable that can flash inside XP.

Once you flash and updated your BIOS and can still boot up the system and go to the BIOS then you are ready to clear it.

Shut down the system and remove the CMOS battery.

Next unplug the power cord to the back of your power supply.

Now hit the power button on the front of your computer 10 times.

Usually the first 2-3 times will discharge the residual energy left in your motherboard.

Wait 1 minute afterwards then put the CMOS battery back.

Plug back in the PSU power cable.

Push the power button to turn on your system.

Go to your BIOS and set it to SATA IDE Compatibility mode or SATA AHCI mode if you’ve already installed the driver.

Boot into XP. Make sure the Intel iGPU still functions and is shown in the Device Manager.

Now shutdown.

Pop in the PCIe video card and make sure it is fully inserted pressing down from the top till you hear it lock in and push thoroughly and visually confirm it is seated in the PCIe slot. Next connect any GPU power connectors to the video card if yours requires it. If you don’t the Graphics card will not operate.

Next power the system back on and boot to XP.

You should get a new hardware device detected pop up window. Close this with ESC or clicking Cancel.

Check the Device Manager and locate this device.

Install the proper XP 64-Bit driver for it.

Reboot.

Recheck the Device Manager shows that the drivers were installed for this card and it is working properly.

Without seeing your system my first guess is either the graphics card isn’t fully inserted, or the power connectors are not attached if it requires more power than just the PCIe slot, or the slot is defective which could be due to a corrupted BIOS.

So try all my suggestions above step by step. But you must add your original posts from the other site and amend it to the 1st post here as I have no clue as to your hardware.

And just like Fernando I’m also extremely busy but I had some spare time to type this up.

If you can also explain why you are using XP Pro 64-Bit?

I recommend if your goal is XP 32-Bit compatibility you choose Server 2003 32-Bit as your OS which supports up to 64GB of RAM. It runs probably 95%-99% of all XP software, boots faster, supports GPT and runs excellent on Ivy Bridge. I recommend switching to SATA IDE compatibility mode to install it and try it out yourself. Imo once you’ve modified it to act like XP it’s basically XP on crack and anyone using a post SkyLake chipset should consider this over XP since it can use all of your memory out of the box if this is the reason you’re using XP Pro 64-Bit. Also the compatibility is superior to XP Pro 64-Bit despite the name. I would probably go as far as saying to avoid using Server 2003 64-Bit or XP Pro 64-Bit if your focus is on XP software compatibility. Server 2003 Enterprise 32-Bit is really what XP should have been as a later release. But Microsoft had other plans pushing Vista out as its successor. If you need a secondary OS use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit and you’ll cover all the software out there that you need.