[QUESTION] Lenovo Yoga 9i Touchpad variants

Hi everyone!
The Lenovo Yoga 9-14ITL5 (Type 82BG) comes with two color variants:
1) Shadow Black
2) Mica

Besides color, the main difference is that they have a different touchpad and fingerprint scanner.
However, both use the same motherboard (GYGB0 NM-C841)

I want to create a modification of the shadow black version with a mica c-cover, touchpad, and fingerprint scanner.

The shadow black version of the touchpad is a haptic forcepad produced by Taifang (Honflex-D03). It is connected to the motherboard by two 8-pin cables to the ports marked as TP/FTP1 and FTP2.
The mica version of the touchpad is a classic touchpad (TM-P3390). It is connected to the motherboard only by one 8pin cable connected to the port TP/FTP1.

You could think, that therefore touchpad/fingerprint scanner is interchangeable between the two (and it is actually true for the fingerprint scanner)
However, when I connect Mica Touchpad to the Shadow Black motherboard it is not recognizable.

My guess is that there is some configuration setting hidden in the firmware.

Update:
Actually, touchpad works (you just need to use flipped cable) . It works only in the BIOS. It is recognizable by windows but doesn’t work either under windows or linux.

The laptop has Phoenix BIOS.
I have tried setting SMBIOS with a different MTM (the one from the Mica version)

WinFlash32.exe -patch -dps "82BG000DUS"

But it doesn't change much. The MTM is seen by the system, but in the UEFI I can still see the original MTM. It looks like this option is only adding the EVSA entry.

Maybe i should change other SMBIOS setting?