Question QH8F + z270

Hello everybody

I have a z270F Strix and a 6700K ES (QH8F) and the board doesnt recognized the cpu

Also, my friend told me i can extract a microcode from a z170 and put on my z270 bios should do the trick

My question is, its possible to do It? Its easy? I have a EEPROM recorder also

Thanks guys!

IMG-20210315-WA0071.jpeg

ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING support
latest bios version is 1301 (2018/04/18)

modules and microcodes are updated.bios file includes 506e0 to 506e8 and 906e9, also 906ea to 906ed microcodes.here socket 1151 and 1151v2

back in socket 771 days,it was a bit easier to mod the board to work with unsupported cpus.all you have to do was placing a piece of metal onto board,and adding your microcode.
now it is a bit trickier.some requires less effort,some alot,there are more elements in play,or module per say,vbioses,managemant engines etc.but there are guides and helpful people here.so go ahead…
[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios
[GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards
[GUIDE] Fixing HT for Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (Z170, Z270)

Updating management engine firmware also recommended,
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

As rule of thumb,keep your OS,apps,bios and drivers updated

Thanks!

I’ll try, but do you know what is the bios chip? I need to use a EEPROM recorder because i dont have a spare cpu

Nvm, my EEPROM detected what chip is

@kodato92 The Skylake ES CPU with S-spec QH8F requires a microcode for CPUID 506E1 (which you can get from this thread).

Some Z270 boards won’t post with ES chips so you’ll just have to try your luck.

Make sure you make a complete backup of your BIOS before you flash anything so that you don’t lose your motherboard serial number, UUID or ethernet MAC address in the case of failure.

Yeah, i tried but my processor come dead, still no booting and doesnt heat up

Sorry for the late responde, i tried to flash with EZ Flash (bios one) and said its not a UEFI BIOS, how i supposed to flash it? i tried EEPROM and nothing happened too thx anyway