raid0 2 x 7200 slow performance

@ oldschoolh:
After having gotten the Intel RAID ROM v8.9.1.1002 from ex58, I have opened it with a hex editor and found an interesting similarity between the original Intel RAID ROM version 8.5.0.1030 of your DFI BIOS and this version.
Here is an excerpt of the v8.9.1.1002 code:

Intel RAID ROM v8.9.1.1002 text code.png

And here is the related text code of the Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.9.0.1023:

Intel RAID ROM v8.9.0.1023 text code.png

This would explain, why the original Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.9.0.1023 didn’t work for you.
On the other hand: If the Intel RAID ROM v8.9.1.1002 should work for you, I am rather optimistic, that we will find a way to get newer Intel RAID ROM versions working with your system.

No way, It is impossible the update my Raid Bios bigger than 64K size file I think.

Newer roms always have bigger size.
I need newer but modified rom for size is <64K and I think this is not easy to find.

Time to stop because DFI shit :frowning:

I tried all old MMS and 8.9.1 too…

I don’t think, that it is a simple space problem.

DFI had manufactured good mainboards, but this is already some years ago.

If I were you, I would give the Intel RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 a shot. Maybe you are lucky and it works.

cbrom_D.png

Ok I removed line 14-PCI Rom Yukon 15-Logo and added 10 series raid rom.

Now i will flash with below…

bios2.png

Good luck!
My fingers are already crossed since a while…

Same error !
Time to make new PC :slight_smile:

@ oldschoolh:

Don’t hang the head. You have tried everything.

Look forward!
Fernando

@ oldschoolh:

Have you ever looked into the “BIOS Modding Success/Failure Table”, which I am offering >here<?
I just have done it and realized, that a user named Humvee28 was able to successfully update the Intel RAID ROM and AHCI ROM modules of exactly the same DFI mainboard as yours. He flashed a BIOS containing the Intel RAID ROM v11.5.0.1347 and the Intel AHCI ROM v120E.
So I suggest to contact him at German Win-Lite (http://www.win-lite.de). Just register yourself there, search for his username and send him an eMail. Maybe you can even use his modded BIOS.

Regards
Fernando

EDIT: I have already sent him an eMail and gave him the link to this thread. Nevertheless you should contact him yourself.

This is great news for me.I am at work now When I had arrived to home I hope we have had biosed already and succeed.
I cant use mail at work so you can get earlier.

Thanks Fernando you are determined person.

Humvee28’s last activity date 2012.He is ghost now :slight_smile: Is this modified rom or stock option rom. RAID ROM v11.5.0.1347

Zitat von oldschoolh im Beitrag #30

Is this modified rom or stock option rom. RAID ROM v11.5.0.1347

I am pretty sure, that he inserted the original RAID ROM module (after having renamed it).
Since he obviously had no problems to get the modded BIOS working (he tested more than 1 Intel RAID ROM version) and your tries failed with all BIOS files, which differed from the original one, I suspect, that Humvee28 used another flash method.than you.

Ok I close this sheet I give up RAID0 and Sata II.

I decide to buy my first SSD and the questions are:

Samsung pro 840 or Corsair Neutron GTX ? Both 128gb…
SSD’S are running on AHCI mod so If I upgrade to Intel 1.20e AHCI bios can I get better performans compared to stock rom?

Then you have to buy a new mainboard, which supports SATA3 (and probably a new CPU).

i would buy the Samsung 840 Pro.

The main advantage of the Intel AHCI ROM v1.20E is, that the boot time is much shorter than with the previous AHCI ROM versions.

Just to avoid any misunderstanding:
The simple reason why I haven’t yet added oldschoolh’s BIOS modding results to the related success/failure table is the fact, that Humvee28, owner of exactly the same sort of DFI mainboard, obviously had no problems with the update of the Intel RAID ROM.
This lets me think, that oldschoolh’s failure may not have been caused by the BIOS modification itself.

EDIT: After having read the statement done by humvee28 (see below) I have put oldschoolh’s BIOS negative modding results into the related success/failure table.

I´m here now. Have to read through this Thread to get an Idea whats going on. :slight_smile:

Hmm, oldschoolh´s Board is an DFI LP JR P45 T2RS, and mine is an DFI LP DK P45 T2RS Plus.

The JR (or Junior) Series is an mATX Board, and the DK Series is an ATX Board. And after comparing the CBROM Images, it seems to be that they´re using different BIOS Files too.

The BIOS Name is different, and some BIOS File Size related things too (RAID_OR.BIN, AHCI_ROM.BIN, total compress code space etc).

So the Way to get an modded BIOS on this Board may be different to mine.

@ Humvee28:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thank you very much for giving your comment to oldschoolh’s BIOS modding problem.

That is a clear statement, which lets me think, that it may be really impossible to get the Intel RAID ROM version of a DFI LP JR P45 T2RS updated, whereas it is no problem with the DK specification of the DFI P45 T2RS mainboard series.
Thanks again for your input!

Regards
Fernando

I have exactly the same board (DK45 T2RS Plus). However, I can’t update Intel oROM 8.5.0.1030 (64K) to newer one (>64K). The board just blacked out and refused to boo. Can Humvee28 please share the mBIOS? TIA.

Thanks for the Welcome. Glad to help!

Hello Engineer!

I have attached the modded BIOS File for you. Hope it helps you out. Good Luck!

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/81478730/file.html

Thanks Humvee28…
But that it interesting I know that DK45 T2RS has 64kb limitation many people can’t modded this ATX board too.

I compared bioses and they are similar…

JR Board.jpg