Rampage III Extreme TRIM in RAID0?

Just cleared the CMOS and disabled Marvell. Working fine now.

Interesting though? I thought I would be able to keep it with AHCI mode. I guess it doesn’t really matter. It seems odd though that you’re able to keep it with AHCI and I need to disable it?

Should I try IDE Mode?

Yeah lol go for it. But in IDE mode it is pretty worthless. Wish I knew why I can’t disable mine. Do you happen to have something connected to the Red ports by chance?

Nothing connected to the Marvel red ports. I tried Marvell in IDE and that failed…no big surprised.

I’ll just keep it disabled and move on for now.

Thanks for the help.

No problem, good luck with the rest of your setup…

cyborg, you seem to have the exact same issue as me. When using the modded Intel OROM, the
Onboard Marvell Controller needs to be completely disabled or the system just doesn’t work.

What processor and memory do you have on your system?

I have 975 CPU and 12Gb Corsair Dominator memory.

I have a 930 and 12gb GSkill Ripjaws. I have two arrays using Intel ports 0-3. port 4 has a optical drive and port 5-6 are unused. The JMicron rear eSATA port has an external eSATA drive connected. If it matters I also have the USB 3.0 enabled and the Asus bluetooth module connected. Currently I am not overclocked but when it gets real cold my computer doubles as a small room space heater.

I have 975 CPU and 12Gb Corsair Dominator memory.

Thanks mate for responding.

Have you setup RAID using the Onboard Intel ICH10R Controller on your system yet?

Have you setup RAID using the Onboard Intel ICH10R Controller on your system yet?[/quote]

I had it set it as RAID when I was having the Black Screen; if that’s what you are asking?

Regardless, I setup my RAID volume with 2 Intel 530 240G SSD’s and installed Win7 64bit. I also installed the 11.2 Intel driver. Haven’t done much else yet.

Also note: I have my optical drive connected to the JMicron controller (by the BIOS Chips). I’m not sure if that’s the best thing to do or should I connect it to the Intel controller?

I dont think that matters. Is up to you as both provide the same performance regarding ATAPI devices. I used that port for my secondary eSATA port I installed, just because it was situated close enough to the bottom to hide the cable, lol…

I would recommend using the Intel controller also for your optical drive and disabling the
JMicron controller to free up resources if you are not really needing to use this controller.

We would be delighted to see some performance benchmarks of your new SSD RAID
setup if you get the time to do some tests and hear from you how you find your system
performs with the new RAID setup and if you think it was worth it or not.

I will post my numbers once I get everything loaded and tested.

As for disabling the JMicron Controler, I thought that is what runs the external SATA ports in the back? Or let me phrase it this way…What would I lose if it is disabled?

Also, I downloaded the following from Station Drivers, are these correct?

For the JMicron Option ROM updated to v1.07.28 / downloaded - JMicron_JMB36X_ Controller_1.17.65.11-w7-8(www.station-drivers.com).exe
For the Marvell Option ROM updated to (BIOS) v1.0.0.1033 / (FW) v2.2.0.1125 / downloaded - Marvell _sata_1.2.0.1039(www.station-drivers.com).exe
For the Intel® 82567V-2 Gigabit Network ROM updated to v1.5.13 / downloaded - Pro 1000 Version 18.7

I know I disabled the Marvell controller so I’m also wondering why would I even try to update or load the drivers? I guess I probably can’t since it won’t be in the device manager?

Anyone know what the latest OROM for RSTe is? Anyone have a Rampage III Extreme bios with the latest OROM 13.x and TRIM working?

The latest Intel RST(e) RAID ROM modules are v13.0.0.2075 and v13.1.0.2030. Since Intel was and is working on both branches (v13.0 and v13.1) simultaneously, I am not sure, which one of them has been compuled earlier than the other.

Hello Fernando, I from Russia.
I have a ASUS P6TD Deluxe with an Intel X58/ICH10R raid controller and 2 * 256Gb SSD Crucial MX100 in Raid 0. What do I need to select a driver to support the TRIM command in Raid 0, you do not lose speed? Temporarily stand in Raid 0 of 2 * 500 Gb Samsung HD502HJ and driver Intel® Rapid (RAID) version 12.9.0.1001 given out Intel

@ Klon66:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want the best and long-standing RAID0 performance with your SSDs, you will need
a) a TRIM modded Intel RAID ROM module within your BIOS and
b) an appropriate Intel RAID driver.
Regarding the RAID driver for your ICH10R Southbridge I recomnmend to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.
The best matching Intel RAID ROM would be v11.2.0.1527, but I doubt, that you will be able to get any >100 KB sized Intel RAID OROM working with your mainboard (look >here<). So you probably have to take the TRIM modded Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 (uncompressed size: 85 KB).

Good luck!
Fernando

Thanks for the tip! How to install a driver? Set Intel® Rapid (RAID) version 12.9.0.1001, and then substitute in the driver modded Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 (uncompressed size: 85 KB)?

Is this a serious question? If you should not know how to get a driver installed, you should not try to modify a BIOS.
An Intel RAID ROM module is not a driver and cannot be installed. It has to be inserted into the mainboard BIOS according to my BIOS modding guides.
You should start >here<.

All clear. Thank you! Was inattentive …