Razer Blade 15 Bios with no EC FW version

Hello,

I have Razer Blade 15 2019 (RZ09-0288). My battery was swelling up and I have removed it. Problem start here, when I plugged my charger and press the power button. Nothing showing up.
Then I removed CMOS battery, press and hold power button about 60s. Then I insert CMOS battery, plugged my charger, press button power. My laptop start up but it cannot boot into Windows.
When I check BIOS, it show up:
- EC FW Version = ??.??
- MCU FW Version = N/A
- Symtem SKU = N/A
- System Serial Number = N/A
- Product version = 2.0?
(you can see it in attach image)

I also noticed that the fan spinning but with slow fan speed although heatsink was very hot. After about 15 minutes, my laptop auto shutdown and I can’t start up until I reset CMOS again.

I thought it was BIOS error so I visited Razer websites, download and extract bios, with the bios file name Charlotte2_0105.bin (16mb).
Put it into my DOS USB.
In DOS, I dump my bios using FTW.ex -bios -d biosrazer.bin. And when I check, it only 8mb, difference with the bios from Razer (16mb)
Here is my dump BIOS and BIOS from Razer.

Could anyone please explain for me why they are different size (8mb vs 16mb) . And what should I do now?

Thank you very much!

IMG_20210906_230756.jpg

Charlotte2_0105.rar (5.4 MB)

dump.rar (3.8 MB)

@vanphuoc3012 Greetings! I came across your post regarding the issues you’ve been experiencing with your Razer Blade 15 2019 (RZ09-0288). Your situation sounds quite challenging, as well as mine :(. I’m curious to know if you’ve managed to find a solution to these problems since your last post. Were you able to resolve the BIOS issues, and is your laptop functioning normally now? Any insights you could share about how you tackled these issues would be greatly appreciated, as it might help others facing similar challenges.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Alex

vanphuoc3012 was last seen in 2021

Maybe possible to comment, but more information needed…

Hi @RoMasHa Sadly to say that I can not handle the situation with my razer, I ended up by selling as broken laptop for my friend who work at a laptop repair shop. After a while, he share with me that he was fixed this by replacing Chipset(hm370 if I remember correct).

What was your situation?

1 Like

Please help me, have you found a solution?

@vanphuoc3012 Thanks for your reply! Sad situation, indeed! I’m feeling that losing hope too with resolving this issue. Replacing a chipset - quite serious step, if this the only way to diagnose/solve a problem, I’d rather sell my laptop for parts/repair too.

@Fixer Sorry, still no solutions here…