RE:ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI drivers

MSI has the new v2.0.4.0 from 11/25/2013 (also available on Station-Drivers), which I’m about to try. Interestingly, there are two links to the download, and one points to an older version (v1.3.8.0 from 7/18/2012), which is not available on station-drivers. The installer for that one seems to be broken, but it can be installed manually and seems to work fine.

Edit 1: Driver v2.0.4.0 fixes the bluescreen that v2.0.2.0 caused. However, it does not support the “Safely Remove Hardware” function. Mysteriously, this package also includes yet ANOTHER version, 2.0.3.0001, which can be found in the Driver\scsi\amd64 folder. This one fixes the bluescreen and supports the removal function (which it makes visible before even rebooting), but unfortunately the removal function no longer appears after rebooting. Very unimpressed with ASMedia’s drivers… Going back to 1.4.1.0 for now.

EDIT by Fernando: This contribution was part of >this< post and has been moved here in accordance with the author.

This is a very interesting report, which should be moved into >this< thread, because it applies the ASMedia AHCI drivers and not the ASMedia ACI ROM modules (resp. "Firmware").
If you agree, I will do it for you.

Regards
Fernando

Absolutely - the information is more useful if people can easily find it. Feel free to copy anything of relevance over.

EDIT by Fernando: Done!

I posted here by mistake, I moved my post in the right thread.