Realtek driver versioning confuses me..

Hi,

I have an S1220A realtek chipset on my Apex IX and not sure which one driver on Station Drivers is appropriate and up to date?

Confused…

Thank you

Why do you ask here and not at Station-Drivers?
By the way: ASUS recommends for your mainboard the Realtek Audio driver v6.0.1.8273 dated 12/26/2017.

You here
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…56#post-1578102

Why do you ask here and not at Station-Drivers?
By the way: ASUS recommends for your mainboard the Realtek Audio driver v6.0.1.8273 dated 12/26/2017.

I asked here because Win-Raid is my second home I guess and I trust the advice that comes from here.

Thank you for the link SK371…

Appreciate it :slight_smile:
------------------

Wanted to update Asus also has released Version 6.0.1.8468 for the Apex X dated April 2019. Hopefully this should work as well as they both have the same sound ALC S1220A sound chipset…

Just wanted to update this thread that after installing these updated drivers I started to experience audio crackling and popping sounds playing videos. This persisted even after a reinstall of a previous backup though eventually went away after installing official asus sound drivers for my board. I say eventually because it wasn’t instantaneous in that I also had a weird glitch with my mouse having jerky movements which all was resolved after a combination of installing updated drivers and turning of Legacy USB mode in the case pertaining to my mouse. This particular board however is a coffeelake mod and has other stability issues of which I have another thread open here on Win-Raid somewhere. In any case I now prefer official drivers but whose to say I won’t try the modded ones again. Thanks.

Realtek audio drivers also install a crap ton of registry entries and files that are not even relevant to your own machine, these can cause all sorts of problems, they’re the laziest hardware/software company on the planet, (gigabyte is a very close second)