Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@Samsara this probably won’t help you out any, you seem to have a handle on what your doing, but it might help someone else. I have Win 7 working with an NVMe but only in Legacy Mode… I never got UEFI mode to boot even with my Windows 10 drive… but that could be because it is set MBR instead of GPT! Regardless its working fine and at expected speeds! (Scroll up a bit) Originally I only used the 2 Microsoft fixes KB2990941-v3 and KB3087873-v2 but since have tried some of the other drivers… none seem much of an improvement over the Microsoft drivers and none so far give me temp, or health or life of my WD Black NVMe! Still working on that!

The ported NVMe Windows 8.1 drivers from NTLite Forums (scroll up more) seems to work well but no temp, or health or life data!

@Fernando

Regarding… 64bit WD NVMe driver v3.3.2102.41615 WHQL it says the “pure” resp. included 64bit WD/HGST NVMe driver is dated 02/16/2021, WHQL certified and usable with all modern Windows Operating Systems from Win8.1 resp. W2k16 up.

Questions, could it be “modded” to run in Windows 7 x64, is that something you could do and if so should it then ALSO provide the data that the WD Dashboard needs to display their NVMe’s Temp, Health and Life?

Thanks, Steve

@WDBlackonWin7
My answer to both questions is: No!

@Fernando

OK, thanks for the reply!

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a Windows XP/W2k3/W2k CD

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Which NVMe Drivers are the best (performance related)?

Solidigm NVMe Storage Controller
(SK Hynix NAND Product Solutions)

PCI\VEN_025E&CC_0108
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_F1AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_FAF0

[email protected]_04.26.rar (163.0 KB)

1 Like

@westlake
Thanks for having found and uploaded this brandnew Solidigm NVMe driver.

@all
The start post has been updated by me today (05/03/2023).
As you may know, Intel has given up the development of new NVMe SSDs and the support of their old ones. Now everythig is done by the Company Solidigm (resp. SK-Hynix).
By the way - I just have tested this brandnew NVMe driver with a 2 TB WD_Black SN850X by forcing the installation. Here are the related pictures:
Solidigm NVMe driver for WD_Black SN850X!Solidign NVMe driver v2201017

I have the Intel 670p with Win 7. I loaded the 660p driver that used to be posted here. I found it performs better than the basic MS NVMe driver. And it shows up in the old SSD Toolbox I am still using.

600p 64bit Intel NVMe Drivers v4.4.0.1003 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (231.4 KB)

1 Like

@chuckbam
Thanks for your feedback. It is fine, that you are satisfied with the mod+signed 64bit Intel NVMe Drivers v4.4.0.1003 while running Windows 7 x64. It is not easy to find an NVMe driver, which performs good and is supported by the outdated OS Win7 and the old Intel SSD Toolbox

1 Like

Hi @Fernando I downloaded driver for ocz/toshiba. my hardware id is PCI\VEN_1179&DEV_0115&SUBSYS_00011179&REV_01. And i watched the inf file with notes and it should support my device because if found the right ven and dev number. but when i tryed to install it says. Windows encountered an error installing the driver. can you please help me

@jonpet

But why? Are you aware of any bugs or performance issues that make you want to use a September 2018 driver? True, you didn’t write which Windows you are using, but for example, for Windows 10, I think Microsoft has released at least 10 newer versions since its release. Of course Windows 7 is a completely different story.

@westlake I use win10 now but i want to downgrade to win 7

@jonpet Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

How did you try to install this NVMe driver?
By the way - I agree with westlake: As long as you run Win10 you should better use the in-box MS NVMe driver.
When you want to install Win7, the driver choice will be different.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando I install it with device manager

This is not precise enough. How do you do it?
Some users try to update the driver for the NVMe SSD (listed within the section “Disks”) instead of updating the driver for the NVMe Controller (listed within the “Storage Controllers” section).

@Fernando I install it in storage controllers and then standard nvm express controller

@jonpet
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea why the mod+signed OCZ/Toshiba NVMe driver has not been accepted by the OS.
If a certain device isn’t compatible with a certain driver (*.SYS file), it doesn’t help to add the natively missing HardwareIDs into the *.INF file.

GitHub - smokingpc/glendronach: open source NVMe Driver for Windows is one to keep an eye on.

Poor performance, doesn’t run on many systems