Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

yes,mirror the same,it can be download,can you send wd nvme to me,thank you
,mail:[email protected]

@pleasez111 :
As requested I have sent you an eMail and attached the latest 64bit WD/HGST NVMe driver.
Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD SATA AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD NVMe RAID drivers v9.2.0.127 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 07/05/2019
    • new: 64bit AMD SATA RAID drivers v9.2.0.127 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 07/05/2019
    • These SATA/NVMe RAID drivers are only usable with modern AMD Chipsets from X399 up running Win10 x64.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Yes i tried all those and still no change :frowning: I’m going to dive into my BIOS see if there is something in there not setup right ill let you know if any change.

no change at all. I have an 8x NMVe card should i put it in there and try that instead of the on board M.2 socket?

@Wesker187 :
Yes, try that.

didn’t work the drive keep disappearing didn’t like that riser card oh well should have bought a Samsung live and learn

Hi Dieter,
i have a Samsung PM981 and i don’t find your modded driver 2.3.0.1709 (your post #933)
In first page there is 3.1.0.1901 (official) and 2.0.8.1611 (modded). Which of them can i use?
Another question. If i install one of these driver, can i install latest version of samsung magician software?
Because i read that PM981 is not supported and it works with old version.
Thanks in advance

@daddyxx1 :
To be able to help you, I need to know
1. the OS and the OS architecture (32/64bit) you are running resp. want to run and
2. the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller (expand the “Storage Controllers” section, right-click onto the listed NVMe Controller >“Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”).

By the way - Samsung’s Magician does not support any Samsung SSD, which is not officially sold to the consumers, but built into OEM systems.

Hi Dieter,
I would like to test the OFA NVMe-Driver on my test-PC (AMD, FM2+, Win10 Pro x64)
Do those driver works with AMD and Samsung NVMe?
Thanks a lot.

@Thiersee :
Since the OFA NVMe drivers are generic ones (without having listed any specific VendorID and DeviceID within their *.INF file), they should work with all NVMe SSDs.
Don’t forget to set a Restore Point and to import the Certificate before trying to install the mod+signed OFA NVMe driver.
Good luck!

@Fernando
Hi Dieter,
yes, it works, but on my pc it’s a little bit worser then the Samsung-driver; have a look at the pictures.

@Thiersee :
If the Samsung NVMe driver should be better for your specific NVMe SSD, I recommend to use it and not the OFA driver.
Question: Did you follow all my advices, which I have layed down >here? It seems to me, that especially your WRITE scores are much lower than usual.

Hi Dieter,

First of all, I don’t use Intel!
My platform is AMD FM2+, one with A10-7890K/Asus A88X-Pro, which is my work-computer, and one with A10-7850K/G1.Sniper-A88X, which is my test-PC.
Even though I tried to follow your advice-list:

1: SSD connected trough PCIe on 3.0 x8 (work-PC) and on x16 (grafik-slot, test-PC).
2: Firmware is updated on both SSD
3: Not done, on both BIOS should be C6-Status
4-5: OS fresh installed, partition/format done with install routine (autounattend.xml)
6: No missing driver, OS up to date
7: Not done, but the drive is detected as SSD on AS SSD and Samsung Magician
8: Last NVMe-driver from Samsung
9: Tried, but no difference
10: No LPM on AMD (or I didn’t found it)
11: Not yet tried
12: No Intel
13: Done, but no impact on benchmark
14: Anvil say "No device responded to TRIM-command, Samsung Magician says “TRIM Status aktiviert” and “Optimierung” works.

8: NVMe-driver from Samsung (last one)

Hey all…

i had a Problem with TRIM. I had a ASUS TUF B450-Pro Board und 2 SSDs (Muhkin Triactor 3DX and Western Digital 1TB)
With both SSDs will TRIM not Work.

Driver is AMD AHCI 1.3.1.277. Test it with MS Driver the same… Installed Win10 fresh without any Driver. Trim will not work.

I hope anyone can help me… Thx

I doubt, that the missing TRIM activity of your SSDs is driver related.
Please consider the following:

1. According to your screenshot showing the Disk Drives properties the OS own "Optimizer" (fiormerly Defrag Tool) is not available for any of the detected and listed SSDs. This is obviously an OS issue and not driver related.
  2. The Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver definitively supports TRIM. Your negative TRIM detection result after having done a fresh Win10 installation and before having replaced it my an AMD AHCI driver verifies, that the AMD AHCI driver v1.3.1.277 has nothing to do with your problem.
  3. The TRIMcheck tool is not able to detect very low TRIM activity. That is why TRIM should be triggered before starting the test (for details look into the start post of >this< thread.
  4. Some SSD Flash Memory Controllers (e.g. SandForce ones) generally induce a very low TRIM activity, which may not detectable by the TRIMCheck tool.
My advice: Try to find out why the "Optimizer" feature is not available for your SSDs.

@Thiersee :
Thanks for your reply.
To be honest, I can only imagine one of the following reasons for your bad benchmark results:
a) The used PCIe slots do not support the PCIe 3.0 standard resp. do not provide 4 data transfer lanes for your NVMe SSD.
b) Your specific piece of NVMe SSD is simply bad (that happens sometimes).
My advice: If possible, test the NVMe SSD with a modern and properly working computer.

@Fernando
Both SSD should be bad???
I can’t believe it!
Both computer works properly and I do not have a more modern HW, sorry.
to a):
Work-PC, Win7, ASUS A88X-Pro, 2xPCIe 3.0 (x16 or x8 if both in use), CPU is FM2+ A10-7890K (for 3.0!), discrete grafic R7-250, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB on kryoM.2 evo card, NVMe protocol 1.3.
CrystalDiskInfo says: Transfer Mode 3.0 x4 actual, supported 3.0 x4.
AIDA64 detects the grafic-bus as 1.1 x8 (idle) and 3.0 x8 (load).

to b):
Test-PC, Win10, Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X, 1 PCIe 3.0, CPU is FM2+ (A10-7850K), NO discrete grafic (only APU), Samsung 960 EVO 256 GB on kryoM.2 card, NVMe protocol 1.2
CrystalDiskInfo says: Transfer Mode 3.0 x4 actual, supported 3.0 x4.
AIDA64 detects the grafic-bus as integrated, idle or load.

Have a nice week !

@Fernando :
Issues are solved!!
Problem was the StoreIM Driver… Back to MS… now all ok

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

How do I roll back to the native Win 10 x64 driver from the OpenFabric? I switched to the latter and find the performance to be less.

Jeff