[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

I make some topic with my transition with bios on my asrock z87 here:
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/request-asrock-z87-extreme-4-mod-to-rebar-and-above-4g-decode
It didn’t work.
Meanwhile there was a windows 10 update in july, and in the same time AMD update his drivers and software to version 23.x.x
And thats strange, but from that time in AMD Software Resizable BAR option is unhide (ungreyed)and I can turn it on!!! Only I can set “reBAR” to 1024 everything higher and uefi dont post after flash, and in window device manager in graphic card “resources” Large memory don’t show.
In games hmm, thats not huge jump of fps - sometimes is the same as is reBAR is off, but i think is less fps drops.

Hi Dider, I am in the same situation as you. Most Z87 chipset motherboards don’t have 4G decod option in the Bios. The only motherboard I have found that has this and is based on Z87 is from Supermicro. I have a Asus Z87-A motherboard, and only 1GB works as well. Don’t think there’s anything else we can do, at least for Windows.

1 Like

hey man, interesting project you have, i want to try it on my Dell T5610, i have a nvme boot mod on the bios before. can i use this along side the nvme mod or better go with clover boot and use the rebar mod instead? because when i mod the bios for nvme i should use the small version in compressed mode. i’m a bit worried if the bios storage is not enough. thank you in advance

If so, you can delete some of unused modules. Like network ones for computer remote access.

hmm i’ve never delete a module before, what tool do you recommend to deleting module?
and i often use parsec to remote acces the computer is that still working?

They are needed to connect to other PCs. Without requirement booting into OS.
You may use MMTool or UEFITool v28 to remove them.

it’s only 2kb, you won’t have any issues fitting it

1 Like

Hello @BangDingOw ,

What tools and procedure do you use for programming after you have the mod file?

A user on the github is doing a Dell T7610 workstation. We might be able to help them.

Edit: Found this posting Dell 7010 NVME + BIOS Lock Mod Discussion

Best regards,

Hi guys,

After spending the better part of the day on updating/bricking/repairing my GPU and updating BIOS and settings for my mobo, here I come hopping for a easy way to success.

The issue: Resizable BAR - disabled

Video card revision: 1.0, vBIOS was F2 → F3 with reBAR support (updated vBIOS)
Mobo B365M DS3H (rev. 1.0) → in the latest BIOS (F7) update, includes reBAR support which I have enabled (auto) alongside “above 4G Decode” , but also disabled legacy (CSM), EFI only and GPT partition table.
Only thing missing in GPU-Z is "Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS - No " (and it is on AUTO)

Now I know that this mobo chipset and CPU normally are not supposed officially but since I have the settings in BIOS isn’t that enough?
Do you guys have any other ideas what I could try beside upgrading my setup?
Thank you in advance!

@Insane the option added by gigabyte is probably broken you could using rebaruefi instead

1 Like

Hi @Kuri0 , I did, but I’m not sure its all I have to do, doesn’t work after reboot

LE: just saw there is a hole guide to patch my bios .bin file…will try hopefully will be better then my first attempt with the GPU…

Do I have to go through all the steps or only some, based on the the pictures I provided.
LE2: Seems quite complicated and will surely mess something up…

LE(next day):
with fresh eyes managed to successfully complete the tutorial…

Thank you @Kuri0

ive done everything and im waiting on my CH341A, but im curious, does the pad file bug actually make the bios not post at all or can it be flashed without the CH341A? i have an msi z170-a pro and I dont see a pad-file in my new patched version, but its there in the original. the wording had me confused on if this is normal and okay to use or if it not being in BOTH is what is normal and okay to use.

for my Gigabyte mobo I had QFlash utility directly from BIOS and worked (but also some setup in windows I could try) also it has dual-bios and if something would go wrong, its probably recoverable, as last resort I have a raspberry pi that i could probably use a a flasher…
But everything worked as expected.

i just wanna know if its normal to have no pad file in the edited volume for the patched bios. even mmtool method removed pad file.

Sometimes its normal.
If you are paranoid about the pad, I can put it back in.

1 Like

so proud of myself haha. i did it and i had to also update my gpu vbios but boom, succesful. i used mmtool just in case. no dsdt patch, only did one patch from patches.txt and set 32.

only shows 8gb on bar though, i set to 32, does that matter or??

god this is so cool, i have 60 fps in starfield now lol. the 8gb actually makes sense cuz 8gb vram i think

Attached here is my current working ASRock Z170 Fatal1ty K6 bios that is modded with coffeelake (intel 9th gen cpu) support. I did it a few years ago, thanks to the guide in winraid forum. My i7-9700 runs perfectly on it.

skycoffeer0.zip (7.5 MB)

I am trying my best to understand the rebar mod guide posted by xCuri0 on github. I’m stuck at understanding the pad file check and dsdt patching, and I can’t go further.

I’m looking for a kind person who is willing to mod my modded bios to support rebar. A million thanks in advance.

Here u go: skycoffeer0rbar.rar (7.4 MB)

Just make sure you disable CSM, enable above 4g, and you’re good to go to use rebarstate app to set the rebar.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Just need some clarifications regarding the step:

1. Flash bios
  2. Disable csm (in bios menu)
  3. Enable above 4g in bios Advanced\Chipset Configuration menu, similar to this video?
  4. Run rebarstate while I’m inside Windows?

I am still currently using a nvidia GTX1070 graphics card, which doesn’t support rebar. I am planning to buy RTX3060Ti, which support rebar. If I do this bios mod now, can I check whether the mod is successful (without having rebar-capable gpu)?