[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

There’s no option explicitly called “Resizable BAR” in my Universal IFR Extractor dump but I was under the impression that the presence of “Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment” means it is supported.

Not really. A card may come with huge BAR size but no resizable BAR compatibility. As your BIOS doesn’t support adjusting resizable BAR then you will be stuck with typically a default size of 256MiB. You need to add resizable BAR support yourself.

Aperture Size (0x82b): 1 → 0xf [256MB to 2048MB]

This is for integrated graphics (in CPU), not discrete graphics.

The only set byte corresponds to the offset of Hot-Plug Support. Is there any way to figure out what the other bytes represent, or am I going to have to take the Russian roulette route?

No need, it’s not unusual for BIOS to be left with old unused data that doesn’t do anything.

Hello all!
I have tried to follow some guide for applying the patch to a bios of an AsRock X570 (AMI Aptio V)

I have tried to use UEFITool + UBU for the problem of checksum without any success.

I would appreciate any help if you can guide me step by step or if you have no time to explain,
please offer me a modded bios

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%20X/index.it.asp#BIOS

Hello @luchino ,

What are you trying to do?

X570 should not need a ReBAR mod.

Edit: Resizable Bar added as of BIOS Ver. 4.0

Best regards,

Greetings,

Has anyone had any luck with a Lenovo M920s (or any Lenovo for that matter that uses the same flash tools)?

I’ve had no issue creating the patched BIOS, but I cannot get the Lenovo flash tool to actually accept the BIOS and flash it. It errors out and says that the file doesn’t match (or it’s too old). I have disabled the BIOS option that locks out rolling back the BIOS. (I think it’s called BIOS rollback protection?)

Any thoughts on how to force it to flash the modded BIOS?

You can try dumping and modding only the bios_region, if the FD is unlocked for writing.
Enable the Service Mode (ME_DIS jumper) for dumping and writing, using the Intel FPT tool form the correct SKU of the chipset ME FW.

I get “can’t set variable using efi(0x00000000000000001a)” and “SetVariable call returned Security Violation.” in grub setup_var and AMISetupWriter.
What I want to do is to enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable BAR.

SH510R4

SH510000.104

FPTW64.exe -i
Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool Version: 15.0.35.1951
Copyright (C) 2005 - 2021, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register… Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
ID:0xEF4018    Size: 16384KB (131072Kb)

--- Flash Image Information --
Signature: VALID
Number of Flash Components: 1
    Component 1 - 16384KB (131072Kb)
Regions:
    DESC           - Base: 0x00000000, Limit: 0x00000FFF
    BIOS           - Base: 0x00418000, Limit: 0x00FFFFFF
    CSME           - Base: 0x00023000, Limit: 0x00417FFF
    GbE            - Base: 0x00021000, Limit: 0x00022FFF
    PDR            - NOT PRESENT
    EC             - Base: 0x00001000, Limit: 0x00020FFF
Master Region Access:
    BIOS           - ID: Read: 0xFFFF, Write: 0xFFFF
    CSME           - ID: Read: 0xFFFF, Write: 0xFFFF
    GbE            - ID: Read: 0xFFFF, Write: 0xFFFF
    EC             - ID: Read: 0xFFFF, Write: 0xFFFF

Total Accessible SPI Memory: 16384KB, Total Installed SPI Memory: 16384KB

FPT Operation Successful.

Hello @bonbax

I believe the Above 4G setting is already available to you. It looks to be enabled by default too.

Check here

Main>Advanced>PCI Subsystem Settings

In Windows look at the GPU-Z ReBAR tab to check the requirements

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked and it does not seem to be enabled in my environment.
Is this a CPU or OS revision issue?
At least there is no menu in the BIOS (UEFI) to set 4 above and resize ber.

Also check Chipset, System Agent (SA) Configuration:

Hello,

I have a PC with Asus z97-ws paired with a 4790k and 16GB of DDR3 ram.
for GPU i’m using Intel Arc 770 and would really like to enable Resizable bar for that extra performance.

I have tried to follow the guides here and on github to modidy the bios file myself but without success… i tried alot of different ways but i just can’t get it to work.
Now after downloading half of Github and 20 reboots later i give up doing it myself…

Would very much appreciate help from someone with knowledge about this!!

Hello @JonatanC,

What part of the process isn’t working for you?

Things of note with this system:-

1. The latest BIOS file seems to have Above 4G decode, which is great.

2. Doing the rebar mod should be straight forward.

3. The flashing might require some force, because the utilities will complain about the modified file.

I can help via PM if you would like. A long series of support messages here might not be helpful for everyone. Maybe a follow up post with a report will be best.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi please help me out from PM. The bios i managed to flash with USB Bios flashback, the option with Ezflash is not working for me. This gives “Selected file is not proper BIOS”.

I think i’m doing the rebar mod wrong, when flashing with my modded bios PC will not boot. Q-code of mobo reads 00D7 - No Console Input Devices are found
and 0098 - Console input devices connect.

thanks alot for your time :slightly_smiling_face:

Mod files should be only be flashed with Asus USB BFB feature when the model has it. The same applies now for recovery of your system bios.
Never EZ Flash due to security issues blocked by AMI/Asus on modern Aptio V Core bios and most of Aptio IV, because a mod bios is a tampered file.

Please help me modify my bios i cant do it in my lenovo ideapad gaming 3 with gtx 1650

Hello! i have tried to apply the ReBar UEFI method by xCuri0 on a I7 3770 Ivy Bridge with the ASUS H61M-K motherboard and RX 480 Sapphire NITRO+
i followed all the steps but when trying to flash bios i get the error “Selected BIOS is not UEFI BIOS”
ive tried formatting the Flash to FAT32, tried renaming the file, tried Disabling Secure boot, but it wont work.
any solution to this???

Hello @nkzbda ,

What method are you using to flash the file to the board?

Sounds like an EZ Flash error

Look at the ASUS section at the top of this page [Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Best regards,

1 Like

yeah it was EZ Flash, but now i will try these methods and get back to you as soon as i get a result! thank you for the response.

Hi @nkzbda,

Make a save of the chip first before force flashing it. Asus boards tend to have Serial Numbers, MAC addresses and UUID stored in the flash chip.

Using AFUWINx64.exe with the /GAN switch should work for your board.

If you need help, please PM and I’ll see what I can do.

Good luck,

1 Like

please help me still my rebar is disable