[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

thats weird… my friend on X79 Sabertooth are able to flash modded bios made by me and 1GB of Resizable Bar is working with Radeon Fury 4GB due to uefi bios on old board is not finished by asus, hence if CSM off (PCI Rom Priority at EFI Compatiblr) it wont boot.

maybe need another way?

Was one of the patches applies to the rom file?

I have an Asus Maximux VIII Gene and after applying the ReBAR mod I had to apply one of the patches to enable over 512MB BAR

PciBus | Don’t downgrade 64-bit BARs to 32-bit (by @Mak3rde)

yes, 1 bios is used for modding, extracted the pcibus and pcihost just in case, copy another bios, replace them using mmtool. all clean no padding destroyed.

Hello @selco13 ,

I had to use an external programmer to flash the chip.

I have a fairly expensive programmer, but I have seen cheaper ones.

The CH314A is used by a lot of people.

ch341A_500

1 Like

I spoke to Gigabyte and theyr wish is not to publish the file. But it´s ok for them if I send it to individuals - if someone is asking me.
They were friendly and cooperative and are welcoming anyone with a question here:

https://esupport.gigabyte.com/#list

could i :point_right::point_left:?? :rofl::rofl:

have u tried the bios i sent? i wonder if it works :joy:

not yet, I was “on the road”, but I will soon and give feedback… And will get back to you with… you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

ASUS Z170-DELUXE, RTX 3080, UEFIPatch applied. Entered value 32 for ReBarState and it works.
I think all ASUS 100/200 series retail motherboard(including the M8I I’ve mentioned before) should work.
S3 Sleep and S4 Hibernation in Windows works too.
Thanks again to @Mak3rde for the patch and @Kuri0 for the great module.

4 Likes

Is there someway to check Above 4G state before apply Resizable BAR?(By detecting Setup NVAR or detecting the address)
My BIOS have default CSM enabled and Above 4G disabled, so after I reset CMOS, I’ve got black screen. The Windows Device Manager show code 12 for RTX 3080.
I think it’s still a little dangerous for daily use.
I want someday I can integrate this module into modified BIOS(I have lots for 100/200 series supporting Coffee Lake).

@dsanke Actually I originally planned for the module to check the Setup variable for if 4G Decode is enabled but since every motherboard uses different offsets I abandoned the idea.

As an alternative you could try using AMIBCP to configure enabled 4G Decode and disabled CSM by default.

I think a better option would be having the module write and check a value in CMOS memory if it can be figured out how to get it working universally.

FYI some motherboards do clear the NVRAM variables with CMOS reset. Mine is also one of those that doesn’t though.

1 Like

I agree with that detecting Setup variable is not a good idea. But OpenCore(Hackintosh bootloader) offer a tool to control CFG Lock option in BIOS, I think that’s useful.

I am wondering can we obtain the address and check it? Is that possiable?To check the address and if the above 4g decoding is disabled than set rebarstate to 0.
By the way my RTX 3080 can have ReBar enabled with CSM enabled.

@dsanke

I am wondering can we obtain the address and check it

Yeah this should be possible though it could possibly slow down the boot process.

I think the best option would be to enable 4G decode by default (and maybe disable CSM) using AMIBCP. Do you have any problems accessing BIOS menus with CSM ON and 4G decode ?

1 Like

No problem with CSM on and 4G decode and rebar disabled, but with the bar size > 1024M, I can not access BIOS menus.
bar size <= 1024M, no problem at all. bar size > 1024M, only show NVIDIA post message, then no ASUS logo, and Windows 10 show a WinXP like progress bar when booting.
And just need set Video OpRom policy to UEFI, everything works fine, when it is using GOP, the rest of CSM is not important.
Yes, changing default option is easy to do.

Please do, do not forget us Clevo users. Thank you.

Hello @Kuri0 ,

I restored my MAC, UUID and S/N using Coffeetime 0.99. It has an option to update those sections. This is useful for those that modify the stock firmware and need to carry over their numbers.

Thanks again,

MSI Z97 Gaming 7

No 4G decoding, I believe the string is present, not sure how to enable and flashes take a while on this motherboard.

edit1: i just saw the readme which wasnt there last time i visited this thread.

here is the extracted body and there is 2 entries:

body:

entries:

edit2: enabled 4g decoding, it was a lot easier than i was thinking which confused me; 0x1 0x1

now im a bit stuck on where to place the module.

edit3: WORKING

for some reason CSM was automatically enabled so there is no video output while booting. i have not tried higher than 16 for now.

edit4: hmmm i guess not quite

uefipatches, still stuck on 16GB, i guess i have to patch DSDT

edit1:

i have implemented the DSDT modification from github but im completely stuck fixing the compiling errors since im pretty clueless about coding.

log Documents\BIOS\iasl> ./iasl DSDTMod.dslIntel ACPI Component ArchitectureAS - Pastebin.com

dsdt files 70.7 KB file on MEGA

@noel_fs RX 6800 is a 16GB GPU, it only needs and supports 16GB BAR maximum

1 Like

like what @Kuri0 said, the patch you’ve done wont need DSDT Patch as its not listed as the one it should be patched since its the PciBus thats getting Patched, the one that usually needs to be patched is the PciHostBridge patched ones, while i see on your’s it wont need, so after you patch it you could flash it, or extract the PciBus using MMTool and replace it on the modded bios that worked with MMTool, if you worry about pad files breaking.

Your Bios Patched:

The Info on what’s Patched:

Your DSDT for PciHostBridge related:

I had already applied the uefipatch patch(s). Thought also needed dsdt, my bad then. Anyway, AMD drivers are not showing rebar enabled, should i reinstall them or something?

Also, dsdt mentioned above i already tried patching it but i get 2 i believe “minor” errors ehen trying to compile. But i guess it doesnt matter if 6800 doesnt need more than 16.