Replace some drivers and FW in CLEVO W230ST BIOS, HELP ME!!!

Hello i’m from Poland, my english is very poor and sorry for that :slight_smile: I want to know what i can change drivers and fw in BIOS file with MMTool. Can anyone write tutorial with screens - maybe this tut helps for many users that he wants always have to the lastest BIOS with FW and drivers?? I’m upload stock BIOS and files that i want to replace. Can anyone replace this files and send me alredy BIOS into my email [email protected] or upload ex. mega co nz?? I try to use the MMTool but it’s too dificult for me without tutorials with screens.

BIOSMOD.rar (2.8 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!wVJFTA5Y!Y6oQrUDu2h…_7jrlGU_DDOlPjk

W230ST.06 -BIOS FILE
ROM Realtek 2.58
vBIOS 2177
Intel Sata Driver and RAID-ROM 12.7.0.1936
Intel GOP 5.0.1035
Haswell CPU Microcodes v16

Where i can download OROM Replace Tool 0.9.9.9b? This tool look very simple than MMTool. Only one-two clicks and the fw or drivers is replaced. :slight_smile:

@ skoczi:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Please have a look into >this< section of the Forum, where you will find the needed instructions (with screenshots) how to update the different BIOS modules.
I don’t have the time to do personal BIOS modding upon request.

Regards
Fernando

OK i understand… maybe someone else can bulid this BIOS or explain in my specific situation?? I read this tutorial but there isn’t information about update vbios, microcode cpu, gop driver and PXE like Realtek… i don’t know what can i do…

Have you already done a look into >this< thread? The usage of the "UEFI BIOS Updater" is very easy.

Yes… i look into this thread… and this tool 0.9.9.5 look very simple and easy… i have to only choose what i want to replace or update and click the number (for ex. 1 or 2) and finished

But the UEFI BIOS Updater v1.0.0 Pre-Release 8 with Windows GUI isn’t simple for me because i don’t see actual version of fw or driver. I don’t now wich line is for specific fw that i want to update or in “option rom only” when i must check “link present” or write the right VENDOR,DEVICE ID…

And i can’t find the OROM Replacer 0.9.9.9b download?? The UEFI BIOS Updater 1.0.0 is succesor for OROM Replacer or there is other tool??

You should not open the MMTool. The "UEFI BIOS Updater" does everything for you.

The "UEFI BIOS Updater" is just a new name and v1.0.0 Pre-Release 8 is just a newer (and better) version than the "OROM_Replacer" v0.9.9.5 or v0.9.9.9b.

Haha i’m stupid :smiley: i open the MMTool… i should open ubu.bat under dos (cmd) :smiley: :smiley: i now everything… but i have a one question… if i have own file… for example… LAN 2.58 for Realtek… what i can update the tool for upgrade with this newer rom for Realtek or… GOP or something else… can you explain me? Thanks… this is awesome tool :smiley:

AFAIK you can put any module into the related OROM subfolder of the UBU tool and then run the ubu.bat file.

Hmm not really… i put the new rtegpxe.lom from ROM 2.58 into folder LAN in updater and tool isn’t see the new version. I try rename rtegpxe.lom to rtkpxe8168.lom and change the file - still the same (tool display the 2.57 version) :frowning: anyone try??

@ skoczi:

Why don’t you just wait until SoniX will update his tool? I am pretty sure, that the next version will contain the newest OROM and EFI modules.

:slight_smile: I can wait… that’s no problem for me… but i think that’s simple operation to do yourself :smiley: :smiley: