[Request] Acer Veriton N4640G coffeelake bios mod

Thanks @dsanke , will try when my unit has arrived may be it will have another variant?
Will tell the result.

So my i5 8400 is recognised and works, but it seems like there is a issue with Intel Turbo Boost. If activated it drops below 1GHz under load (no thermal or power throttling). If deactivated, the CPU works just fine under its base clock speed.
I hope somebody has an idea, what might cause this issue.

How can I restore DMI values for this BIOS? UEFITool 0.28 was crashed when I tried to open my SPI dump. When I use UEFITool 0.68NE, there is BIOS Guard active and cannot insert values into your BIOS file.
BTW, my unit also have ph11k variant bios.
Attached is my SPI dump from my unit.
N4640G_1.zip (5.7 MB)

I think i find the way to restore dmi value. First we have to look for dmi vaule in UEFITool NE and remember file guid. Then extract this and insert it in UEFITool 0.28 in the same file guid to restore dmi value.
I hope I understand this correct?

Ok, I found the reason for my issue. There seems to be a 35W power limit in the firmware. If you go above, your CPU will downclock.
For now, I use Intel XTU (6.5) to limit my CPU to 35W to have the best performance, but I will look into finding a more permanent solution. :sweat_smile:

WriteDMI.zip (311.1 KB)
i dont know how to write DmiVar0b00080100.
other values was included in the zip file.
the amide tool was from lenovo’s bios package.

Thabks @dsanke , will take a look

What tool did you use/would you recommend to unhide the bios options?

@9tech
sometimes, the vendor use a flag to set hide/unhide options. i use ghidra or ida pro to find the flag, then i can got all options unlock.
but most time the vendor do not provide the flag to control options. then i recommend use amibcp, or extract ifr and change “suppress if” instruction.

1 Like