Request: Add UEFI Boot support to Z68 Board with incomplete implementation

Hi,

@Lost_N_BIOS

Not sure if this is even possible but here goes. Got an old P8PZ68 Asus system that I have dusted off the cob webs and am playing around with to use possibly in the office. The problem with this board is that it will only detect and populate uefi boot entries if they are attached via USB port. If I create a UEFI bootable GUID type partition I have to manually add the entry with BFCG add boot num path name. So it seems that if it can do it via USB why can’t it do it via internal drive?

Attached dump:

Know its an old system but its an interesting problem I think. Thank you.

z68dump.zip (4.63 MB)

I will check it out tonight and let you know what I can find

Ok. Thanks.

Does this also happen with non-updated RST roms? I’m assuming you updated those to v14
Does it matter if you enable/disable CSM? This BIOS is missing some options I was expecting to see on the boot page, so maybe just too old to auto-populate UEFI Disks

With this particular bios if I disable CSM the bios locks up and I don’t use the raid feature at all considering I was hackintoshing this system.
But if I install Windows then a UEFI boot option gets added however if I create an efi partition with the proper boot files the bios will not
take notice and populate the boot entries unless I use bcfg which is no big deal. Either way its not important as its an old system I should
have recycled or sell or whatever.

Thanks

I have a ASROCK mb, it has similar behavior. It probe bootmgfw.efi, instead bootx64.efi. So I put boot loader at name \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi.

Disabling CMS shouldn’t lock the BIOS up, that isn’t good, maybe some BIOS bug? Is this latest BIOS you are using? If yes, did you try older?
If you are not using RAID, did you update the RAID roms, or is the V14 I seen stock? If non-stock, put back to stock, maybe those are the reason disabling CSM is messing it up?