[Request] ASUS G11CD BIOS - Unlock features

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Thanks for xmp lesson, just an update, my u clip puller has no arrived, so ready to go.

Thanks
Paul

@Spud74 - Great! Make a dump and send to me to check and edit etc. While you do that also make a note of what software version you use and read your Chip ID off the chip while you do this and let me know it’s ID

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Do you recommend a version of software to use to make the back up with? I have version 1.29 atm?

Cheers
Paul

What is your chip ID? Here is package with all common versions and main driver - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…257455007472602
Without knowing chip ID, I suggest 1.30 or 1.34, just be sure you know which you use for any backup, that way you can use same to write back later.
Some chip ID you need to choose other than exact ID, that’s why I asked about that in general.

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been unexpectedly taken into hospital, existing condition that has flared up.

Hopefully being discharged this week if I continue to respond to treatment.

Thanks
Paul

No rush here, hope you get to feeling better soon @Spud74

@Lost_N_BIOS

Hi, so i finally got round to dumping the bios (I Hope)

The Chip is a Winbond 250128fv10, or least thats what is on the chip, image attached.

When i used ver 1.29 the software couldn’t detect the chip image attached.

Thanks again, and sorry for slowness of my reply.
I managed to do a read and saved it, theres a couple of versions of the dump, as i didn’t trust my work :frowning:

IMG_20190828_163435.jpg

@Spud74 - This is W25Q128FV - I’d suggest using 1.30 or 1.34, however, ASProgrammer may be required, I can’t remember but will look around (I’ve tested I think) and CH341A software fails to write properly
Yes, I found the info, I tested several times, and many versions, please use ASProgrammer 1.40 - here is info on my testing and a link to ASProgrammer - Bricked Asus Z170-AR
https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases/

@Spud74 - Did you have any luck optimizing the BIOS? Sitting here with G11CD 1002. Ultimately looking into soldering an M.2 socket header, but wanted to check if BIOS would prevent m.2 drive detection

@Lost_N_BIOS - Could you help me out? I am thinking it’s just a matter of accessibility to SATA parameters.

20201201_224058.jpg