[Request] ASUS G11CD BIOS - Unlock features

Hi,

Im hoping I could get some help with an issue im having with the ASUS G11CD Bios.

Having done a backup of my optimized bios with AfuWin64, and then opening that back up with AmiBcp 5.02.0025, I can see a section for AiTweaker which I cant see when I go into my bios.
Also the seems to be a few hidden sections for Overclocking but again they are missing when im in the bios.

Are these just generic sections left in for ease with other bios-es for other ASUS systems, or can they be unlocked / unhidden?

I have attached the bios backup and the stock ASUS bios from their support page.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gamin…6747.1564960792

If any of you geniuses out there could help me to unlock the bios, I would be extremely grateful, as I wont need to buy a new motherboard :slight_smile:

A mod on the Republic of Gamers forum, says its impossible, and I thought you might be up for the challenge :wink:

Thanks in advance

Spud74

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

H110-I-ASUS-G11CD-1002.rar (5.25 MB)

afuwin.rar (4.11 MB)

Does this system have USB Flashback option?

If not >> Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error given (And stop there) >>
FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

Hi Lost_N_BIOS,

I dont think this board supports USB Flashback, but I could be wrong

I have done the FPTw64.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin and attached the ouput file.

Also attached is the screenshot of the FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin command.

Hope I have got this right ?

Cheers

Paul

Also attached some screenshots of my stock bios 1002

biosreg.rar (4.11 MB)

Capture.JPG

190808171938.jpg

190808171929.jpg

190808172045.jpg

190808172102.jpg

190808172136.jpg

@Spud74 - I checked the manual, and Flashback is not mentioned, so FPT flash will be best way.
Well, I checked the only manual they give online, which is mainly about how to turn the system on and use Win10, nothing about flashing BIOS etc is covered in there, it’s not a proper manual

Please confirm your system model is G11CD and not G11CD-K or G11CD-KO. If you are not 100% sure, check with CPU-z or main page of BIOS and see what CPU you have - https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1035352
This only important for things I look at on my end when looking at stock BIOS vs your FPT dump

Good to see no error when writing back BIOS region, that makes things easier for you when I give you mod BIOS. From now on please use FPTw as mentioned, not FPTw64.
I am not sure why you got that error when you tried it first, other than you were in wrong folder (x64 FPT folder instead of x86/32 folder)

Can you please add image of boot and exit page, also the bottom of the Main page too so I can see "Access Level"
And, an image of Tool page, without being inside any submenu, this way if you are missing anything there I can enable too.
Actually, please FPT flash in this edited BIOS first and then retake all images, so I can see Main (top to bottom, blur anything you want, but leave access level visible), Advanced (Just need to see all submenus list), Monitor, Boot, Tool, Exit
This BIOS has a single setting change that is hidden from you by default, I want to see what all it enables vs what I know it enables (It’s the second setting you see at root of Advanced >> Hidden Setup item by project)
Please put all images in a zip or 7zip, thanks
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…389163306085366

If you get any error when trying to flash the above file with FPT, stop, show me an image of the error presented and make it so I can see command you entered too. Then stop there, do not try to proceed

I believe I can enable AI Tweaker for you, but due to how it’s hidden it may take several edits and possibly some may need recovery. Do you have flash programmer?
If not, then I wont try the risky edits until you do, we may not even need to go there, but if everything else enables except Ai Tweaker, then you’ll need to order flash programmer (CH341A) and U Type Flat IC Chip Extractor (on ebay this $2.60 + $1)

@Lost_N_BIOS

Thanks for getting back to me.

Its a G11CD non K and I have a i7 6700.

I have taken some before and after screenshots, and shots of the flashing process, all with FPTw non 64

I now have a new menu for overclocking features :slight_smile: and i have made a new rar with them.

Programmer and puller ordered for early next week.

Thanks again

Paul

Great, I thought that single setting change would enable some stuff for you (I knew that menu you mentioned would be visible), but I couldn’t tell what all other settings would also be visible.
Some looked suppressed by that setting and another, some only that one, so I couldn’t tell what the other setting was without a deeper dive.

Good you ordered programmer, then no worries once we get on Ai Tweaker enabling, I may get it without a worry, we’ll see once I get a few more actual unlock BIOS made for you.
If everything else becomes visible but the AI Tweaker page, then I’ll wait for those more risky edits until you programmer arrives, just in case.

Thanks for the new images, I will work on this and get back to you soon. Please explain what are attachments above? I assume “New Options” is the images I asked for, what is the other file? If it’s stock BIOS, you can remove, I already have it.

Hi, BIOS G11CD.rar is the images you asked for and New Options.rar is just the new options that became visible after the bios flash you kindly supplied myself.

Thanks, I only need to see images of all BIOS pages again, after you flash in the BIOS edit I sent you above. Please retake all images so there’s no confusion and put them in new archive
I want to see Main (Top to bottom), Advanced (just showing all visible submenus so scroll up/down if needed), Monitor, Boot, Tool (without going into submenu) and exit page. I see your images of the Overclock/Performance section, so no need to re-add those again.
Sorry if all this is covered above, your splitting of files and mention of what I asked for and new options separately is confusing, plus redoing them all now after that edit will help me ensure it all gets made visible properly.

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

The first zip has all you asked for in it, I added the second zip afterwards as I messed up and hadn’t seen the new section for overclocking untill after I had taken the original screenshots, so I edited my post to add the new section as I had found it after giving the bios a second look over.

Sorry for any confusion.

Kind regards
Paul

OK, thanks for clarification. Please remove the BIOS image attachments at post #5 now, you included some bank transfer info/image in there which I assume you may not want public.

Hi, thanks, have deleted attachments from post #5

Thanks. Some images mixed up in post-flash folder (old advanced shown instead of new), this is why I wanted all new pics only to avoid confusion.
But, I think I’ve sorted it out for now Will update with new test BIOS for you soon

* Edit @Spud74 - would you download a video for me and re-upload to tinyupload.com? It’s about editing ME FW, nothing bad

If yes, here is video, please reup for me if you don’t mind, I can’t download it from this site today for some reason, and I need it quickly for another edit - https://mega.nz/#!GRtBQIiT!plH_1KKowC7MF…X90PxuiJ-2cWRCI
Sorry to ask you, but you’re here now and replying and uploader isn’t that’s my luck

Hi,

Sorry it’s late, I was up as my daughter was having a nightmare and I was trying to settle her down again.

If you still need the file I’ve attached it for you.

Cheers
Paul

guide.rar (4.7 MB)

Thanks for that video reup, I still couldn’t get the site to load properly tonight either! When will your programmer arrive?

@Lost_N_BIOS

Hopefully today’s post will have them arrive.

Ohh, that’s quick I could edit BIOS for you now, but since programmer is arriving so soon we might as well wait just in case something goes wrong
I see two locks for Ai Tweaker in BIOS at AMITSE + 2 other possible locations in same module where it’s being bypassed and those are the risky ones I mentioned editing as it may need edit a certain way and I hand you edit x 3-4 ways with only one working, so best to wait.
Aside from those last two mentioned above, I can remove the main place it’s blocked and send you 2x BIOS with this to test. One will be that removal edit, second would be that edit + AMIBCP access level edit (Sometimes both needed), but in this instance, I bet the risky edits will be required too on top of these edits.

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Just an update, the ch341a usb programmer arrived yesterday, but still awaiting the u clip puller.

Thanks for all your help so far, and hope your bios genius will get us over the line.

In the overclocking menu, memory xmp profiles are empty, would that mean I would only use custom manual overclock in this section?

Cheers
Paul

We will get there! If worse comes to worse, I can help you flash over to the retail board equivalent instead, but I doubt we’ll need to go there.

XMP may not be programmed into your memory, do you get XMP options on other boards with those same memory sticks?
And yes, with or without XMP, you can always use manual instead if you want. I’ve not looked through your images of that section yet, some stuff might still be hidden from you, or only partially exposed. So XMP could be made visible, but then maybe not all the stuff under it.
Show me an image of what you see where you mean it’s blank, and then show me an image of your memory in HWInfo64 (little CPU-z like window, this will show if XMP is there or not. Also in the large window at memory, select a module, scroll to bottom where you see the XMP profiles)

* Edit - I just looked at your images, and one of them shows the memory auto/custom profiles, and it looks like nothing programmed into XMP, but you’ll have to confirm with HWINFO64 to be sure
SPD and XMP are not same things, and not all memory sticks have XMP.

Hi Lost_N_BIOS

I have had a look with CPUz and HWINFO64, unfortunately my 2x 16gb DDR4 Ram sticks do not have any XMP Profiles embedded, as per attached Screen Grabs.

190813211605.jpg

190813211618.jpg

190813211928.jpg

190813211933.jpg

CPUZ Screenshots.rar (1.85 MB)

HWINFO.JPG

HWINFO2.jpg

Mem Tab.JPG

SPD.JPG

Yes, no XMP in those it looks like, only JEDEC/SPD profiles, so you can’t use XMP option
Looks like this in CPU-z or HWINFO64 when there is XMP profiles

CPU-z-XMP.png

HWINFO64-XMP.png