[Request] Asus H97-PRO GAMER

Hie guys i don’t know if I’m posting correctly about my current problem, i managed to get a Asus H97-PRO GAMER motherboard a couple months ago & it was using bios version 2003 so i decided to update the bios so that i could use my nvme drive. But i ran into a serious problem after the last update motherboard started Showing a Message after the Asus logo “Ec or Ec flash might be corrupted please contact Asus technical support” I tried to contact asus they just told me it’s a bios corruption so i decided to buy a new bios chip on ebay but am still facing the same message so if there’s anyone who can help i will glad appreciate it because am not sure what’s wrong the bios if it’s bios chip or its something else. Thank you: sorry for writing long paragraph

Asus h97pro gamer backup.zip (5.7 MB)
This is the bios dump i took using Ch341a/Asprogrammer

So you believe that this bios is corrupted, this dump being the new on the IC you bought?
This gen of Asus bios files have no specific issues programming them, with Asus web update bios files, just by removing the main Intel image from the .CAP or manually removing this 0x800 length header with an Hex.
You can try to re-program it again.

Alternately you can focus instead on the data from this IC pm25ld512
Or a potencial bad TPU and/or NUVOTON controller

Yous should wait for other users POV, good luck.

Thank you man & to tell the truth this is what am worried about especially that part which involves the TPU chip am not that much of a genius in programming stuff. But i will definitely try out any suggest & solution offered here. About the NUVOTON chip does it require being programmed as well or i can jus replace it with another brand new chip? i can across some info on another forum mentioning that the specific type of NUVOTON chip that i have doesn’t need programming since it’s firmware its in the bios chip so i don’t know how true is it but i will gladly appreciate any solution. Thank you again Sir @MeatWar

On the bios dump am not saying it’s corrupted i managed to use the Ch341a programmer to save info regarding Mac address/SN/ so that i won’t have problems incase it comes to flash the bios again.

The NUVOTON is for replace only, if i’m not mistaken, TPU never programmed any, remotely i cant point out anything else more…you’ll have to “dig” a bit more around, good luck.

1 Like

Thank you i will dig deep & come back with progress.