[Request] ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution BIOS with full NVMe Support

Hello! I want to ask the following question: is it possible to modify the bios to support nvme in the asus p5e64 ws evolution motherboard?

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized and shortened

@SLAVENTIK

Bios mod as UEFI not possible as this is AMI Core 8 legacy bios. Possible yes… bios mod not likely.

As this model belongs to the Asus P5 family, read the following threads:

Please Add NVMe module to Asus P5Q Turbo bios
[Request] Asus P5Q-deluxe BIOS Modding to Boot NVME
[Guide] How to get M.2/PCIe connected Samsung AHCI SSDs bootable? (14)

You’ll get a picture of it…

Alternative experimental method: [Experimental] NVMe Option ROM

@SLAVENTIK : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since your mainboard has a very old Intel X48 Chipset with an ICH9R Southbridge and a Legacy (non-UEFI) BIOS, it is not easy for you get that machine being bootable off any NVMe SSD (except the Samsung 850 Pro).
The only BIOS modding method, which may let you use any other NVMe SSD as bootable system drive, has been described within >this< thread, but it is rather unsure, whether you will succeed.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

There is still a continuation of this topic: we tried using clover, when installing os Windows 10 through clover, the installation does not start.

I bought a 1TB SSD WD Blue SN 550. Of course, he does not have such lotions as the Samsung 850 pro. Will I be able to solve my problem somehow now? There is a pci-e - M2 adapter. In the test Windows 10, the device sees. But my old motherboard does not allow it to be installed so easily on this nvme disk as on a bootable one! Tried with clover - failed(

SupportYesterday 7:07 pm
Online SLAVENTIK

I bought a 1TB SSD WD Blue SN 550. Of course, he does not have such lotions as the Samsung 850 pro. Will I be able to solve my problem somehow now? There is a pci-e - M2 adapter. In the test Windows 10, the device sees. But my old motherboard does not allow it to be installed so easily on this nvme disk as on a bootable one! Tried with clover - failed(

Hi! Today I put the operating system on nvme on Asus p5e64 ws evolution using Duet, finally it turned out!