[REQUEST] ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

Hello,

I attempted to follow the guide to mod NVME support for my P9X79 Deluxe , but ran into issues. I feel like the CAP export/import piece wasn’t clear enough for me to follow as a first time attempt at BIOS modding. Can anyone help me out or provide a BIOS I can flash to unlock NVME boot support for my motherboard?

Thank you.

The forum has a “search box”… did you use it?
Plenty of NVMe mods for the P9X79 Deluxe

Yeah, I did search and read through a number of posts. However, the posts I read didn’t seem to offer up all the answers or post flash feedback/results. In this post: POST, the OP seemed to leave it open that additional data needed to be inputted but didn’t elaborate on it.

I was able to inject the NvmExpressDxe into the 4801 version of the stock BIOS, but I didn’t fully understand the process related to the extraction of the body from the UEFITool, modding, and then reimporting the body. When I attempted it on my own, I got an error message when trying to flash. “Security Verification Failed” via the ASUS EZ Flash utility.

As this mb model has USB BFB feature you can ignore the step of extracting the Intel image from the CAP. This is also the method for flashing the mod flash, after correctly name the CAP for USB.
Asus mod files can’t be flashed by EZ, security will prevent file medication.
The mod can be done from the Asus 4801 CAP file straight through.

EDIT:
NVMe DXE driver…(not an image), MMtool method preferable or UEFI tool, the guide has notes about final verification of the mod.

If I’m understanding correctly, I should be able to simply open the original 4801 CAP file, insert the NVME image, then save that as a CAP all from the MMTool utility?