[Request] ASUS PRIME Z490M-PLUS BIOS with 11th Gen CPU Support

Try to take off the z490 board cmos, and use neoprogrammer 2.2.10 instead

Ah, but the chip is soldered on the MBā€¦ iā€™m trying with the clip.
But i agree that add a lot of variables to the equationā€¦ i donā€™t know if the electronic circuitry on the MB could change the communication, or even if my clip is functioning. Iā€™ll have to make other tests to validate the clip, then other softwareā€™s to communicate with this chip.
Thank you all for the great support you give, better than a course! itā€™s the best practical work Iā€™ve ever made :wink:

Instead of using the clip, you could try to use the asus SPI_TPM pins using dupont/arduino jumper cables like what i mentioned on post #14

Well, i think youā€™re right, that would lesser the clip8 variables.
However, there are some difficulties for me to connect to the SPI_TPM pins.
I donā€™t know the right voltage on it (iā€™ll have to make the measurement), i donā€™t have a device for plugging to the pins, and i donā€™t have a software to recognize the chipā€¦
Iā€™ve found a dell optiplex 3020. The chip is soldered on the MB (as the asus) and is a MX25L6473E.
Iā€™ve downloaded different version of the ch341progammer, and the last one has this chip in his database. Unfortunately, my tests with the clip was a failureā€¦ unable to recognize/discuss with the chip. Ans the asus chip isnā€™t in the database either :weary:
I should make some conduct tests on my clip maybe, read notices againā€¦ nobody heard of locking systems on the bios chip? perhaps i should test them with the MB powered on (donā€™t like the idea)ā€¦
Still many paths to exploreā€¦

No and feeding more power to the circuit is always the LAST resource and NOT common on desktop mboards.
NeoProgrammer 2.2.0.10 has the MX25L12872F on his db.

Yes, i feared that would be a risky way. I wonā€™t do it without good reasons or mastering of the process. :slight_smile:
Apparently, the clip have very low chance to work when the chip is soldered on the MB.
That mean, the best way is to use the SPI_TPM pinsā€¦as mentionned by @Koekieezz :+1:
I need to by dupont jumper cables before having a try.
Thank you again for your support.

Yes, in this model the SATA ports are an obstacle. Users with soldering/desoldering experience will take it out to program.
Other will even solder direct conductor cables to each pin of the IC
There is ā€œother kindā€ clips of the web from our ingenious CN citizens and their web marketā€¦ not cheap not common not easy to find in some parts of the globe etcā€¦

Well if the IC model is the one referenced before (MXIC MX25L12872F) by youā€¦ then its not 1.8V, its 3,3v.

:+1:
I need some time to make the experimentation. Weā€™ll see if that works, and if the 18v is indeed a 18v

Well, i finally sacrificed a old acer veriton l460 of my collection, to have a correct cable.
I was looking for the pin correspondances, when some details makes me wonderā€¦
On the asus connector, there are the connections, i should use SPIxxxx
But there are 10 pins with the GNDā€¦
I suppose i donā€™t have to count the SPI TPM thenā€¦
SPI HOLD, SPI MISO, SPI CS, SPI MOSI, SPI CLK SPI FLASH WP,+18v SPI and GND would be the pitch.
But, looking at the MX25L12872F, there are those pitch reported: CS, SIO0,SIO1,SCLK,SIO2,SIO3,VCC and GND
Looking at the map, i see why the clip didnā€™t workā€¦ the pin assignment is different (the NĀ°1 is not the vcc), so i should have to rearange that for the clip to have a chance to workā€¦
Now, letā€™s figure out whoā€™s who on the pin side.
GND,VCC,CLK,CS are easy to guess.
But MISO,HOLD,MOSI and FLASH WP vs SIO0,SIO1,SIO2,SIO3 ?

Maybe i should look into ch341a notice to try to understand the right correspondence?

You dont have to mind what are the chips on the board, if you connect the spi header on your board to your ch341a correctly (since both the tpm header and ch341a doesnā€™t say anything about sio0123), you dont have to mind your chip si0123, the tpm headers already alligned to your chip, so you only need to know where to connect from tpm to ch341a, and dont forget to take of cmos and psu must not be plugged in.

Well, today i used a multimeter to try to identify the connections by the measure of the resistivity.
The result is:
Pin NĀ°1 of the chip (CS#)=>SPI CS#
Pin NĀ°2 of the chip (SO/SIO1)=>SPI MISO
Pin NĀ°3 of the chip (SIO2)=>not connected
Pin NĀ°4 of the chip (GND)=>GND
Pin NĀ°5 of the chip (SI/SIO0)=>SPI MOSI
Pin NĀ°6 of the chip (SCLK)=>SPI CLK
Pin NĀ°7 of the chip (SIO3)=>not connected
Pin NĀ°8 of the chip (VCC)=>+18V SPI

Odd no? 2 pins not connected. Is it for the capacity? or for the speed of the data?
SI/SIO0: Serial Data Input (for 1 x I/O)/ Serial Data Input & Output (for 2xI/O or 4xI/O read mode)
SO/SIO1: Serial Data Output (for 1 x I/O)/ Serial Data Input & Output (for 2xI/O or 4xI/O read mode)
SIO2:Serial Data Input & Output (for 4xI/O read mode)
SIO3:Serial Data Input & Output (for 4xI/O read mode)
=> Maybe that means the connection on the mainboard is made for 2xI/O read mode?

And y need to make a measurement of the +18v SPI but i need to by a new battery for my multimeters, the number i get is not coherent.

On the ch341a connections, we can see there is no SIO2 and no SIO3.
And my multimeters reported: 3.3Vā€¦ no 18v.
So i should be able to connect the ch341 with the SPIā€¦
small pins, small connectorsā€¦ iā€™ll have to take patience but the aim is close!

No luck on my first tryā€¦
iā€™ll retry later

Damn! this device is playing with my nerves!
My first try was to use an old connector made compatible with the spi on the board, using the 25xxx/24xxx locking system on the usb ch341a.
It failed, but i was unsure of the contacts ( loose ends of the bare cables are not easy to put in the right place, especially when the number is above 3ā€¦)
So y changed the bare ends to a dupond connector compatible with the one on the usb ch341a (the whereabouts of the pins are indicated on the circuitry)
I think the contacts are far more reliable, but i face a new odd
when the MISO and MOSI cables are pinned, the little led ā€˜runā€™ alights as soon as i plug the key.
And that makes the program neoprogrammer 2.2.10 fail when i try to detect the chip, or try to read.
More than that, that makes the driver fail, losing the recognition of the device in the windows i use to make my tests (a win 7, running with no driver certifications).
I used other programs but the driver fails tooā€¦ the system is not reliable at this point.
Have you any suggestions? what driver are you using? have you heard of specific recommendations about the windows version or the good way to use it, because the driver isnā€™t certified. Maybe a linux would be more reliable? but what about the softwares?

Anyway, itā€™s still a tiny progressā€¦

Well, i donā€™t know if those troubles are dependent from the other component of the mainboard, so i will try a different approach.
Iā€™ve bought 3 unexpensives chinese chips: MX25L12872FM2I-10G (the exact reference of my bios chip) and i will try to program them outside of the mainboard.
If i encounter no troubles doing so, then it was the environment that produced those error, and iā€™ll cut (i donā€™t dare de-solder the chip) the chip and re-solder a new one on whatā€™ll be the rest of the pin (hoping i wonā€™t mess the multi-layer of the board this wayā€¦)
either it works, or the mainboard would be declared out!