[REQUEST] - ASUS Q87 CS-B - NVME BOOT BIOS MOD (please)

Hi,

I couldn’t tell if the BIOS for the other Asus Q87 board would work with mine, I don’t want to brick it. I would normally do this sort of thing no problem, but this PC is for a friend and I don’t want to kill it.

Would some please help me by modifying the Asus BIOS for my board so that I can boot into Windows on an NVME drive in a PCIe x16 3.0 slot.

I tried to attach the very latest BIOS for my board, but as I am a newer user, I am unable to attach the relevant files.

This is a link to the page where you can download the BIOS (and the user manual):
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/cs-b/helpdesk_bios/

Or if you would prefer, this should be a direct download link:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/CS-B/CS-B-ASUS-3602.zip?model=cs-b

If it turns out that the other Asus Q87 modded bios would be perfect for my board too, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Tobias

@tobias_beale
I need BIOS backup.bin file. We must transfer individual data from your mobo to new BIOS file (this is ASUS). Next time, you can flash CSB.CAP with UsbFlashBack, from USB stick, only one touch button.

@Michael_Code
If im not mistaken, theres no USB BFB feature on this motherboard model, however theres a DIS_ME jumper and it may help to flash with Intel FPT tool.

EDIT: ASUS BiosRenamer tool always existed even for Asus motherboards with no USB BFB, was not exclusively for this feature.
But if look at the baord layout, there is no BFB button on the pcb or in the rear I/O…

May be, you right, but I see at someone site, all Q87 with UFB.

@MeatWar, thanks for the doubts, I consider you my friend, I appreciate your opinions.

1 Like

Michael, you seem to be an active forum OC.ru member… (my membership application was never accepted, dont know why…maybe they dont like me)
Wont LS_29 (aka Sonix if not mistaken) pass to you his teachings/continuity of UBU maintenance? I know that you already shared here your UBU archive updated version…
Im always peaking in his posts, looking if he publish anything further related to UBU or modules… but seems not, regards.

:smiley: You must answer to some questions in Russian.

LS_29 aka Sonix - NO-NO-NO!!!

I only suggested for @Fernando newest batch UBU with modules, but without consent SonixSonix dont answer me in private mail,

Not shared without suggest Sonix, only for me.

Edit by Fernando: Wrong formatting of the quoted text repaired

1 Like

@MeatWar
Thank you. This means FPT.
I forgot add @MeatWar

1 Like