[request] asus tuf fx506hcb unlocked bios

i would like to get some help with moding my laptop so i can undervolt the cpu and enable xmp, i can get a bios dump if needed but i dont know where to find the tool

Hi! Ask to bring a BIOS dump for better and faster help. Otherwise many lazy modders often ignore it.

I haven’t looked into modding AMI firmware yet (it’s in the list of things to get to… I just need time), so I can’t help you at this moment @jgamer.

However, there is a guide in here on how to disable a couple of locks that are usually in place preventing us from writing a modified BIOS image directly without needing a programmer and opening the machine. Take a look at it, it should at least get you through that part of it: [GUIDE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method

Undervolting (that I know of) would then require access to advanced options in the firmware setup utility to tweak things. So the modification you’re looking for would be unlocking access to those menus? Perhaps.

In any case, XMP profiles aren’t accepted by default in that laptop? From what I could see it runs a Tiger Lake-H (so for the CSME tools you’ll need at some point, 15.0 should be the ones), and being TUF branded and all one would guess those things come by default.

1 Like