[Request] Asus UX481FL Laptop Bios Unlock

If the things you changed did not apply as intended, you can reflash stock BIOS, or yes, re-change them back if you remember what original was

To test these others, same as before, but just with the variables above instead, like I showed on post #74
However, since these do not have fan speeds, only trip points, and all are 110C (Except one is 90C), I think this is all thermal shutdown or major downclock trip points, not fan related.

Is your CPU Fan speed 65% always, or does it fluctuate? The ones you changed before, and a sole CPU Fan speed setting, is the only settings in the BIOS with actual fan speed named.
So I think if it’s not those you tried before, then it’s EC FW controlled. I see EC FW in the BIOS file, first padding, maybe we can modify, if it’s flashed in via BIOS flash, if not we’ll need tool to mod in place
Download WIN_RAMV from here - https://github.com/MorgenZhu/ITE_ECTool - Run it from CMD Prompt, do you see data or all FF’s at default open? Hit F2, scroll over to first option on left, then down to KBC, is that all FF too? How about scroll over to LPC Reg, then down to KBC, all FF?

@flashrom - Do you know of any ITE8226 EC FW tools - Fanview you linked before runs, but does not change this systems fans speeds

My fan speed does fluctuate. Sorry for the late reply’s, been really busy lately.
-----------------

I am on the GitHub page but I don’t know which one to download. I can’t find the installation execute file.

@RogueDragon - On the page linked above, go to “Code” then download zip and you’ll get all those tools as package - https://github.com/MorgenZhu/ITE_ECTool/archive/master.zip

Do you have speedstep and C1E disabled? If not, disable those, and check again with the previous changed you made before doing anything else, in case those were overriding what you changed previously.

I have speedstep enabled via Throttlestop. So that is what is causing the problem?. With the previous change do you mean in RU 0x391 and 0x392?

Yes, possibly! Speedstep can lower voltages and or CPU freq, thus affect fans. Yes, I meant the things you changed and tested previously

I will test it in a couple days. I am currently rendering some videos and don’t want to restart my laptop yet.

I hear that, no rush here

I disabled C1E and Speedstep, went to RU and reset 0x392 and 0x391. Used Cinebench. Changed 0x391 and 0x392 to values you gave me, rebooted twice and reran Cinebench. I got a 1% score increase. Running Win_RAMV gave me all FF on all three pages.

Benchmark scores are not what we’re looking at here, so how does that test/info help??

Thanks for info on Win_RAMV

I was hoping that maybe if the fans would turn on at a lower temp, I might see an increase in performance.

Yes, I get that, but this is not how you should be checking these changes, look at the actual temp and fan speeds

@Lost_N_BIOS on post #79, what is the exact settings you want me to change? Also, do I have to change the values from post #74 back to default?

Any/all of them, you are looking to see if ANY change when (at what temp) fan speeds change or not. I assume none of this will work, this is almost always EC FW controlled.
The changes you made at post #74 did not work, so yes, you can change them back (or leave, or reflash BIOS)

None works. I will just repaste my laptop in the future. I can also prob the EC chip while I repaste. I will contact you when I am ready. Thanks for all your help.

@RogueDragon - Then new paste is about best you can do, or request custom BIOS with visible settings to change for that or a custom EC FW configured to what you want, sometimes they will do this.
I cannot do anything with EC FW usually, I’ll look for you if you can give me specific temps and or speeds/% used, but I doubt I will be able to find anything.

Якщо розпакувати BIOS від любого ноутбука/плати бренду Asus, наприклад GL12CX за допомогою Phoenix tool можна отримати ME регіон DE90FFA8-B985-4575-AB8D-ADE52C362CA3

ME рігіон у зашифрованому вигляді? Якщо просто відкрити скачаний BIOS файл GL12CX-AS.312 із офіційного сайту в хекс редакторі, то Intel ME відсутій. ME регіон лежить в кінці файлу 3FFFFF?

Can anyone help me unlock my bios advanced menu?
btw I have a Asus x532flc laptop
Laptop details
bios version: 304
Bios Vendor: American Megatrends
System Bios Version: 5.16
Intel ME Version: 14.0, Build 1205, Hot Fix 11
Bios Date:2020/04/07

Error:
Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
Protected Range Registers.

FPT Operation Failed.

I attached my bios dump below.
Thank you

biosreg.rar (3.53 MB)