[Request] Asus X99 Strix patched bios Rebar support

Hello everyone, i am trying to mod the bios for my motherboard by enabling Resizable BAR without luck. I am in really need because of my Intel ARC graphic card. Can someone please share a pre patched working version?
TY so much if someone could help

Reference firmware is 2101 version

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/strix%20x99%20gaming/helpdesk_bios/

you have to use RebarUEFI.
if you have any other questions you can start here or github.

I’ve already modified your bios and for flashing method.
ROG-STRIX-X99-2101-RebarUEFI.zip (7.3 MB)(UEFIPatch + Microcode update)

This requires activating above 4g decoding and disable CSM first, if this setting is not visible in the bios you need to use RU.EFI + tutorial YT.

NOTE : RebarUEFI v0.3

Thank you so much. i am actually out for work but i am gonna try it and give you a feedback in a couple of days.

omg im so noob, i tried to update with the file you provided but the update tool expects a CAP file where the one you send is a ROM one. is there an easy way to go?
TY again

My bad, forgot to tell you that this is .CAP, worked on it in a sleepy state lol.

In my experience, in modding .CAP bios (notebook), you need to use files in the IC BIOS, not from the web (i could be wrong though).

I can’t talk much about how to flash bios on PC but as far as I know if the system uses INTEL you can also use FIT or FPT I don’t recommend it only for advanced users.

for AMD AMI users notebook especially .CAP theres no way you can flash bios without programmer (ch341a / i could be wrong too here), and for AMD/INTEL insydeh20 you can use H20FFT (intel notebook also can use FPT) and get rid of “Flash Protection Range Registers” with RU.

i tried to update with the file you provided but the update tool expects a CAP file where the one you send is a ROM one.

should be fine following the .cap section guide

managed to flash your file, reporting perfectly working. Thank you for your help. you got five liters of free wine when you come to Sardinia :wink:

i cant find mine, Resizable Bar option in the bios after i added the DXE modules myself, do you know what the value VarOffSet to enable it?

RebarUEFI doesn’t need Resizable Bar option in bios, it just needs above 4g decoding and csm off

This requires activating above 4g decoding and disable CSM first

Have you read the requirements section or the rest other of it in RebarUEFI github?