[REQUEST] Asus z170 Pro Gaming BIOS without Meltdown/Spectre patches

Hello, i would like to squeeze out a little more performance from my PC (7700k + NVMe M.2). I would be very grateful for BIOS with latest pre-Meltdown/Spectre microcode.
Motherboard: Asus z170 Pro Gaming. Current BIOS: 3805 (stock).
If the procedure to update the BIOS is the same as in ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming & Z170-A / Z170-P BIOS + HPET Option please unlock HPET setting too (would like to test it again maybe).
Thank you.

I downgraded BIOS to ver. 3501 (pre meltdown) with AFUDOS. Is it enough to get rid of meltdown/spectre patches microcode?
edit:
BIOS downgrade didn’t help, still have much newer version:
FW Version: 11.8.80.3746
edit2:
Reading about UBU now :slight_smile:

@Lost_N_BIOS i need your assistance here. I want to get rid of Meltdown/Spectre patches.

I’m following [GUIDE] AMI INTEL CPU Microcode Update Guide and your [GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex guide, but i can’t find appropriate microcode (for example i wanted 0x70 for 906E9) in https://github.com/platomav/CPUMicrocodes/tree/master/Intel repo or inside UBU\Files\intel\mCode\1151 (there are only 6 versions). UBU tells me that my current BIOS file has revision 42 in it. I need a little guidiance on what is the easiest way to downgrade microcode. If following both guides will bring me there, how do i find (for example) 0x70 version of microcode? I just flashed original 3501 with “EZ Flash”, but still ME Firmware is 11.8.80.3746. Maybe I’m confusing ME Firmware and CPU microcode. Do i need to downgrade ME Firmware too in order to fully get rid of Meltdown/Spectre patches (besides InSpectre software)?
edit: My current CPU microcode is B4

I found out that Windows loads his own or uses BIOS microcode (whichever is newer), so i prevented OS to load “mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll”.

Then I used VMware CPU Microcode Update Driver to “install” 0x70 revision. It kinda works, but it’s breaking when I’m activating Virtualization in BIOS (i need it mostly for WSL2 and some other stuff) - it uses BIOS version (0x42 in my case, which is not that bad - still before meltdown/spectre patches, but wanted to use newest possible just before mitigations).

I also used https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details…ngs_script.html to disable all mitigations in Windows.

Not sure if i can get any performance gains from downgrading ME Firmware, but i guess i can’t do it till i get my CH341A programator (fptw says ME is locked). Does anyone have a solution to fix VMware tool to work with Virtualization enabled? Does ME Firmware version affect performance in any way? I’ve read that it’s even possible to almost completely disable it.

Hello! I would like to do the same thing too. How do you advise me to proceed?