[Request] BIOS File Checking for PS2 Emulation

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking into BIOS preservation and one thing I find interesting is how important it is to verify a firmware dump before using or archiving it. A dump can come from different hardware revisions or regions, so checking the source and integrity seems especially important.

For people who work with BIOS tools regularly, what is your preferred workflow for checking a dump before modifying or flashing it? Do you normally compare hashes, inspect the firmware structure, or use a specific utility?

I’m also interested in how the same preservation principles apply to older gaming hardware. I’ve been collecting information about PlayStation BIOS and emulation here:

https://ps2biosonline.com/

Any recommendations for reliable tools or verification methods would be appreciated.


Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized and shortened

I think you should look for this kind of info on dedicated “Box’s” forums, that deal with firmware recover etc…
Not the same as PC firmware structure…
My PoV only, you may wait for other users.