[Request] BIOS mod for Acer Aspire One D270 with InsydeH2o 3.5 BIOS 1.10

Ah ok

Good afternoon.
I do not know if it is necessary to create a new topic on the issue of interest. And the topic is not very old.

The same netbook in question.
Is it possible to modify or insert another vbios module in it that supports 1280x720 resolution?

I found a BIOS image on the Internet that supports a resolution of 1366x768, but there is nothing for a resolution of 1280x720 (or I searched badly)…

If this is possible, where can I get these vbios modules and how to integrate them into the main BIOS

I don’t think that would be possible! Those limits are about the real Screen size, which is 10" for the D270! The only way is, to find a physical LCD Screen of 10" which supports up to 1366 x 768, but the real problem is with that would be the cable connector. Normally the screen resolution for those 10" LCDs is 1024 x 600!

Sorry that I could not help you!

Good time.

The cable connector is not difficult, I have already soldered them more than one piece to all sorts of scalers for monitor matrices and laptops. This is not the most difficult part, for me programs, updates, firmware are more difficult.

There are matrices with a resolution of 1280x720 for this netbook, a millimeter thicker, but the lid can be slightly modified with your hands so that everything does not look so scary, but at the same time it works.

There are many models (for example, AOD522) where the resolution is 1280x720, although there is a different graphics card from AMD, there is even 1366 x 768 for these landing dimensions without alteration, but you need to buy them. honestly, I don’t want to when there are working matrices at hand.

There’s nothing to apologize for, I understand that it’s time for the piece of iron to go to the dump of history, but it’s convenient to work with.

I decided to upgrade a little here.

From my point of view, the problem is mainly Hardware vise!

AFAIK, the Screens of the D270 are limited to a resolution of 1024 x 600 dpi. Using a higher resolution would need a change of the screen!

That said, firstly you will need to find out what the max Resolution YOUR Screen would be able to handle! After that, you will need to find out, and maybe change the Video IC Chip in use could handle that Resolution too!

Is all of that worth doing it?

A better alternative would be to change to a different Netbook. Such a good alternative would be an Acer Aspire One 722 or such, with an 11.6" screen and 1366 x 768 dpi! I’m using such AO722 already with great success and even run Windows 11 Pro 64bit on it! That netbook uses an AMD CPU, the AO722 and a C60 Dual Core, also with 8GB Memory (1 DDR3 RAM Module only 8GB!) installed, something AMD could use but Intel machines! Such Netbooks could be found very cheap too!

Anyway, it’s up to you what you like to have and use. Cheers.

Tell me, is it possible to modify the bit depth of the signal in the BIOS?
we picked up the bios, but the problem there turned out to be that the signal is now 8 bits, instead of 6.
Can this parameter be changed?

p.s.
I wouldn’t mind finding AOD722 myself.
but there are very few workers, and collecting another one from several - well, it’s so-so.

it is easier to modify the AOD270 already.

The matrix I have is just under the resolution of 1280 * 720 and the size is 10.1".
it just fits right into the seats in the AOD270.

and I will find the native matrix how to use it while it lies on the sidelines.

Provides support for other matrices besides the standard one.
Presumably with a resolution limit up to 1920:1200.
The menus are unlocked.
The microcode of the percentage is the last one.

I checked by cutting different matrices to the netbook:
1. there is a permission
2. the bit depth is
3. The EDID from the matrix receives
4. the driver detects normally.

Acer Aspire One D270.zip (6.24 MB)