[REQUEST] BIOS-mod HP Stream 15-z000no

Seeking help to modify a BIOS, and I know little about modding, so I hope you wont dox me for making this a wish list.

The reason for wanting to modify the BIOS, is because CMOS battery have gone bad, as well as main battery, and every time the laptop runs out of battery, BIOS go to default settings with secure boot enabled.
Since this laptop runs Linux, and since the OS don’t have BIOS security keys, it means the computer is locked down from booting.
There is a need to go into the BIOS, switch of secure boot, and enable lagacy boot.
This is not a huge problem for me, but for my mother who uses the laptop, it is a huge problem, as she is unable to use the laptop, everytime the BIOS go to default settings.

Now my request is to modify the BIOS, so default settings have secure boot disabled, and lagacy boot enabled.
Another solution is also to manage platform keys, so that secure boot can be obtained, and a Linux OS booted with secure boot.

I’m open to both solutions, i just hope someone will help, and I’m willing to pay some crypto currency in exchange as well.

Info:

SMBIOS 2.8 present.
26 structures occupying 1388 bytes.
Table at 0x000EC020.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: F.06
Release Date: 03/07/2017
Address: 0xF0000
Runtime Size: 64 kB
ROM Size: 8 MB
Characteristics:
PCI is supported
BIOS is upgradeable
BIOS shadowing is allowed
Boot from CD is supported
Selectable boot is supported
EDD is supported
5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
3.5"/2.88 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
Serial services are supported (int 14h)

The bios have a regular BIOS extension, like .bin and .sig, and I have tried extract the BIOS with UEFI tool, and it was possible, but I do not know how to =>

1. Find the hex values needed for edit.
  2. Edit the hex values correctly.
  3. Reparse correct BIOS information (So edits don’t mess around the file later on).
  4. Repacage the modded BIOS.
  5. Make a new .bin and .sig file for flashing with the stock BIOS updater.
  6. Make sure of flashing integrity.

BIOS file can be found here:

I’m listening for advice.

Good luck with an ASUS ZenBook UX305CA bios file v300 from 06/08/2016…that will really suit the HP Stream 15-Z001no laptop, so funny these guys!

Sorry about that, will update link as soon as possible

BIOS files have now been updated (2024-04-19_22:42), so hope it can be looked at again.

No my friend i will not look into it, this is a modern HP laptop with RSA… a pain in the ass and almost impossible to apply any mods, and i’m not a fan of laptop or bios mod of laptops, wait for another users.