[Request] BIOS Unlock - Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-54

Laptop model: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-54
Bios version: InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0 v1.06

I have v1.06 bios from Acers official support page, can’t post link because I am a new user here.

@Sweet_Kitten I have seen you help other people on this forum with unlocking advanced bios options on their Acer laptops, I also ask for your help.

@InfinityGosha
Run the BACKUP_Tools program to obtain a backup of your BIOS (it’ll create results.rar archive on desktop). Also, I need a copy of your BIOS variables (run “GET VARS.bat” from this archive and share with me the output file “vars.txt”).

Why there are so many requests today from you guys?

Attached is the vars.txt file you requested. Also here is the link to results.rar: sendspace(.)com/file/0g2xrk

I uploaded to sendspace since the file is bigger than 12 MB allowed here.

vars.txt (224 KB)

@InfinityGosha
BIOS mod: InfinityGosha.zip. Extract the contents of the archive to a separate folder.
1. Run 'SET VARS.bat" and reboot.
2. Run “FLASH.bat”.

Thank you very much good sir, it works. Would you accept some coffee money as a thank you ?

@InfinityGosha
I don’t accept donations.

Well then, let it be known that @Sweet_Kitten saved my month, well done.

Hello, I would also like to unlock my BIOS. I have the exact same computer and I wanted to know if I should follow the exact same procedure or if it’s specific to each computer. I know I’m a bit late to the conversation as it happened a year ago, but I hope you can still help me. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Blaickiosa.

I need my bios unlocked aswell i have the same laptop but the files provided did not work for me. can you please assist

Acer Predator PH317-54

BIOS

Version

V1.06

Date

11/25/2020

Hello.
To unlock BIOS you may use the tool but with the config file for PH317-54 from my repo.
GitHub - Maxinator500/SREP-Patches

Hi @Sweet_Kitten
my laptop is acer predator helio neo16, PHN16-71, currently i am on Bios v1.13 and all the options are locked in bios. due to getting power & current throttle all the time my battery drains too often and i tried downgrading bios using a change in .ini file but no matter which methods i try the bios will always return to the latest after an update. plus, the downgrade is failing to install ME version and showing an error “IHISI 32h failed” Update Native ME failed as well.
coming to my requirements: under Volt my system to obtain stability and reduce the temperatures which is around 95 degrees now while gaming. there is a constant power and current throttle as well.so unlock my BIOS or downgrade and find a stable BIOS.
Note: I do not like to burden others with my problems if you can point out a website or a tutorial to sort out my issues will be enough. thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello.
Intel locked undervolting. bios unlock won’t help anything. Except for lowering power limits.

Hello @Sweet_Kitten
I did some research and it seems intel provided a BIOS undervolt lock provision to the vendors incase if they want to lock it. so my question is can’t we unlock that provision?? or manipulate applications such as “PREDATOR SENS” to underclock and undervolt the system. ??? what i am currently doing is restricting the core usage and its frequency to manage the temps but i still get the micro stuttering while gaming and it is quite annoying.

Intel provide provision to vendors, but not ordinary users. 12th and 13th gens are recent releases I don’t know how to unlock UV or if it is possible at all.

One way or another, apps like predator sense or TS depend on bios capablities. If direct UV is locked, then it is locked in any app.

1 Like

Thanks for the update .i will wait till such an update comes or intel itself decide to unlock the undervolt. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, @Sweet_Kitten. Intel provides overclocking and undervolting features in the HX series CPUs. However, on the Acer Predator PHN16-71 machine, the BIOS Overclocking Performance Menu has been restricted, preventing the closure of Undervolt Protection. Below are my BIOS files and restriction reason PHN16-71 bios 1.13

. I seek your assistance in unlocking the BIOS Overclocking Performance Menu restrictions.

Hello.

For laptops, they do not provide this. Overclocking feature setting does not change anything. It was confirmed practically by Acer Gaming discord channel members.