[REQUEST] BIOS Unlock on Lenovo Legion Pro 5 2023

Can anyone help to unlock advanced BIOS for 1) undervolting CPU; 2) enabling XMP profile;
On Legion Pro 5 16ARX8 (82WM0084RM), CPU: 7745HX, RTX 4060

Latest bios: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/lpcn47ww.exe

Thank you!

You may use the tool but with the config file from my repo.
Lenovo Metro Display Engine_Insyde_BiosUnlock.cfg
Previous ones do not include patterns for overclockiing page unlock in 2023 legions.

As I can see you uploaded config specially for my request, thank you so much!!! I will try to boot with it very soon and tell you about results, hope it works.
Also I see that tool has some forks Forks · SmokelessCPUv2/SmokelessRuntimeEFIPatcher · GitHub
Did u recommend to use original one?

It works; many thanks to you once again! :partying_face: Just one issue: the flash drive must be formatted in FAT32 to boot up. Unfortunately, there’s no pre-installed XMP profile selector :frowning: For now, I’m going to dig deeper into the real advanced settings. Maybe I’m going to use Thaiphoon Burner for replacing native (JEDEC) DRAM specs…

For noobs like me: I’ve been reading some posts about what to do if you break the BIOS. Simply remove the main battery and then the CMOS battery (probably located under the SSD drive), wait a few minutes, and then plug them back in.

Hey, here’s the variant without the need for a USB stick. The UI is a bit scuffed but almost everything works. You’ll need an efi boot editor, I used one in Windows but I’m sure it’s possible to do the same thing from Linux.

1. Download EFI Boot Editor.
  2. Export your current boot entries (CTRL + E), save it somewhere.
  3. Open the file in the text editor, add the code snippet from below at the end of the list of boot entries.
  4. Import the resulting json in the EFI Boot editor and hit CTRL+S to save the changes.
  5. Reboot the machine and hit F12, you should see the new entry, boot into it, go to Device manager.

Code snippet:

"0009": {
            "attributes": 1,
            "description": "Advanced BIOS",
            "efi_attributes": 7,
            "file_path": [
                {
                    "_type": 1,
                    "data": "",
                    "guid": "{e0ba9b98-dd2d-4434-bb94-599cc9e4305d}",
                    "subtype": "VENDOR",
                    "type": "MULTI"
                },
                {
                    "_subtype": 255,
                    "subtype": "MULTI",
                    "type": "END"
                }
            ],
            "optional_data": "걎脈鼑䵙຅᫢ⱒ뉙",
            "optional_data_format": 1
        },

Just make sure that the index (0009) doesn’t collide with anything already present.
The resulting json should look like this (several boot entires are collapsed in Notepad++):

Posted it previously here but hey looks like nobody on Reddit needs this hehe
https://www.reddit.com/r/LenovoLegion/comments/1ajq5tn/legion_5_pro_16arx8_extended_bios_unlock/

Not going to be there, AMD laptops do not support XMP. Additionally, I don’t think you’ll be able to bump up the DRAM voltage, and bumping up VSOC will lead to an enormous increase in idle battery drain.