[REQUEST] CLEAR ME BIOS for rebrand of the ASUS H610M2 FPT

Hello you guys
First, I appreciate what you guys did here.
2nd Please help me clear ME.
I have a rebrand of ASUS that model is Prime H610M2 FPT. I have a good bios backup from the good board, and some boards got bios issue. Reflash with good backup BIOS that problem fixed. But boot up slowly and there is no LAN/Internet (adapter not found. Controller IC is RT8111H I tried to change few IC but all the same)
GD25B128C_20231220_OK.zip (8.3 MB)

I tried to clear ME use Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version 16.0.15.1735 download from Station-Drivers.
This is file after build
image.zip (8.2 MB)
After reflash file image above the mainboard read code but stuck at 7F - 03.
Thank in advance

Try using the FW image on the MEUpdateTool_16.0.15.1735V1.1_S.zip from Asus product support.

1 Like

Take the ME region from Asus bios “PRIME H610M2 FPT BIOS 1402” or “PRIME H610M2 FPT BIOS 1405” That’s same version and identical configuration.

https://www.asus.com/sa-en/supportonly/prime%20h610m2%20fpt/helpdesk_bios/

The image.bin you attached is in its static parts identical to an Asus stock bios 1405, the ME region differs in 5 bytes in FITC according to different firmware tpm setting, so your cleaning job seems OK.

Try to use a stock bios, you might have some corruption in NVRAM settings. Board specific information is in padding after 2nd NVRAM (0x560000 to 0x590000) and in 'SMBiosFlashData:

Thank you. Do you have it? I tried to find it but there is no result. So I have to decompress file on Driver-Station to get it Me Sub Partition file then built it. So the size of it less than org file. Bad mood

Thank you for your detail. My friend sent to me stock BIOS from ASUS (Same the board code MB1BD0)

MB1BD0_BIOS.zip (8.8 MB)
It completely different my good backup file. So it can’t be done when I try to reflash it.
Now i will check the BIOS file v 1405 as you said.

“…, you might have some corruption in NVRAM settings. Board specific information is in padding after 2nd NVRAM (0x560000 to 0x590000) and in 'SMBiosFlashData:” How can you know that?

I don’t need it, you do… didn’t i told you that it’s on the product support page?
Or can’t you even look for that?

Take the advice from lfb6.

You are hot tempered person like ice cream. Keep calm . You may consider me your pupil. This is my fault. Thank you so

You’re definitely not my “Pupil”, simple can’t stand users that have the “brains” to engage in such forums and such requests and can’t even get to a public product support page or even google it, it’s a lack of respect and sign of laziness.
Or do you still want me to link it for you???
Merry Christmas and happy new year, Over_n_out

1 Like

I did and I know my limitations. l will try my best. So merry Christmas. Thank you

I just following your guide that use Me region of ver 1405 and 1402 and built so it still the same, the debug code stuck at 7F-03. And this is my built
image_built-1.zip (8.2 MB)
Flash back my good bios backup. It can boot to windows GD25B128C_20231220_OK

No, you didn’t. image_built-1.zip contains the same file as image.zip in #1

Try 1.zip (8.2 MB)

If this file still doesn’t work try 2.zip (8.2 MB)

1 Like

I tried
2023-12-25_074016
2023-12-25_074106
Following this guide
12TH & 13TH GEN_ME_CSME CLEAN PROCESS_MFIT VER v16. (youtube.com)

1. Download stock bios from ASUS - 1402 and 1405
    then using UEFITool to extract source BIOS.rom from CAP file
  2. Using MFIT tool (bluto shared as CSME ADP V16.0 r8) to decompress Backup BIOS, 1402 and 1405 as well.
  3. I copy and replace ME Sub Partition file of 1402 and 1405 one by one into decompress folder good Backup BIOS and built one by one.
    @lfb6 I don’t know why it’s built contains the same file. any wrong? Can you share your way to built if you have time?. Now, I will try your files above and read GUIDE’s again. Thank you for your support.

Update result:
I tried your files but still the same problem. Stuck at debug code 7F-03
video_2023-12-25_08-34-00.zip (1.9 MB)

FIT will always rebuild the complete ME firmware. For transfering / copying a clean configured ME region from a stock firmware use UEFITool 0.25x or 0.28

• Just to avoid misunderstandings: You say that the same machine boots with this GD25B128C_20231220_OK - image but doesn’t boot with all other images - is that correct? (We’re not talking different machines here?)

• Those boards do have a TPM socket for a hardware TPM, is it empty or does this board have a hardware TPM?

• “Just to avoid misunderstandings: You say that the same machine boots with this GD25B128C_20231220_OK - image but doesn’t boot with all other images - is that correct? (We’re not talking different machines here?)”

I have five motherboard with same model that is PRIME H610M2 FPT rev 1.01. One of them normally, so I save it’s bios to rescue the rest. saved bios ok for the rest but slow booting. So, I decice to Clear Me for saved BIOS file.

TPM is empty. It just use to plug my card debug for diagnostic (I am a hardware technician).

So the file GD25B128C_20231220_OK does work OK on all machines?

?

So the file GD25B128C_20231220_OK does work OK on all machines?

Yes

Those boards do have a TPM socket for a hardware TPM, is it empty or does this board have a hardware TPM?

It is empty. Just for RMA diagnostic. I show pictures above

Your ‘good’ bios- region is definitively bitwise identical to the Asus stock bios 1405, no rebrand here, they didn’t change nothing:

ME configuration in your working firmware is identical to Asus stock 1504 despite startup option for the software TPM which is disabled for Asus and enabled in your rebrand:

If I change this single setting in your configuration the ME region of your file is a 100% identical to a stock Asus ME region (which one can assume to be clean and OK).

The differences between your working firmware image and a ASUS stock bios (same revision - 1405) are

• 5 bytes in ME region (according to different configuration, not relevant),

• NVRAM (already reset to empty stock NVRAM in the second file I attached earlier - “2.bin”),

• machine specific data (2 small blocks):

• And one small block in the beginning of padding after NVRAM with unknown function

This is the last small block I can ‘reset’ that might link ME to bios region, otherwise it’s just the machine specific data (UUID …) that makes a difference to an Asus stock bios.

Try: image_e.zip (8.2 MB)

If this image doesn’t work I’m out of ideas why your one dump does work in all other machines but no other images.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your explain. Hope it fine. If not, I still happy with it. Thank you

Update Result: Haven’t done. Still the same problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Did you try to boot without your diagnostic device?

• Can you post a dump of a non working board?