[Request] CSM support for Dell Optiplex 5490

I have a Dell Optiplex 5490 in which I would like to install a 32bit version of Windows 10. However it lacks of CSM/legacy boot and therefore I can’t boot the 32bit version.

The bios states that it has no legacy option, but my question/request if it is possible to enable it by modding the bios. Dell provides two bios downloads in its web, an exe file and rcv file, if a dump of the actual chip is needed i could dump it also.

I extracted the exe to obtain the bios part using this tool:

Any help is appreciated.

No reports of success mods in such operation in modern bios versions in witch OEM is taking out CSM.
Your not the first and wont be the last to ask this… try search an alternative method by boot loaders and similar.

Thank you for your reply.

I did not see any hope also with bootloaders. It seems that works for linux but not for windows.

I guess that the only possible way is to use a Virtual machine. The computer is attached to a laboratory device which uses a 16bit software and I didn’t want to increase the difficulty of operating the instrument by adding a virtual machine. It is a shame that manufacturers impose these kind of software restrictions on their machines.

Thanks!