[Request] D3417-A2 - BIOS Unlock + PCIe Bifurcation

Hello all,

I’m requesting bios unlock / Bifurcation function add.

Manufacturer: Fujitsu
Model: D3417-A2 (Celsius W550)
Bios Revision : R1.33.0
Bios Date: 09/29/2021
Bios Type : AMI UEFI BIOS, export from Mainboard D3417_A2.zip (8.0 MB)
Bios Link official Page: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDown…1FD27064D1
Bios direct download: https://webdownloads2.ts.fujitsu.com/download/FileDownload/fileDownload.aspx?SoftwareGUID=1BDE9EC5-0CFD-4800-BB8C-8D1FD27064D1&FileFolder=Downloadfiles&FileTypeExtension=ZIP&FileNameClient=FTS_D3417A2xAdminpackageCompressedFlashFiles_V50011R1330_1259662.ZIP&Token=KikmKiYrKSstJiorJiwuJSk=

Sys specs:
CPU: E3-1270 v6
RAM: 64GB ECC
GPU: GTX 960 2gb / rx480 8gb / rx6600 8gb
Riser: x16 to x8 + x4 + x4

I dont know if the Bifurcaion function is included in this Bios, i cant find it. Can you enable it?

In this Fujitsu Bios of another Board (D3644-B1) Bifurcation sems included.

Fujitsu Technical Support pages from Fujitsu EMEA

Thank you very much

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

1 Like

Hi Bazz,

Did you managed to activate bifurcation on your motherboard? I am trying to do the same thing on a similar Fujitsu board (D3402).

Thanks!

@ to both users:

[Guide] PCIe Bifurcation - mapping IIO/IOU to PCIe slot - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] - How to Bifurcate a PCI-E slot - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@StancuFlorin, not jet, it’s in progress.
I have bought a second MB, next step is to desolder the SPI Flash secure the bios as binary file for further Modificationen.
I will solder a DIP8 socket to the Mainboard to use 25QI28FVIQ Flash.

@MeatWar, I have read the Tutorials and learned that I have to export the actual Bios as Binary file, and that is my next step. I will not risc my working Machine so I’ve bought a spare MB, currently Im waiting for delivery…

Good choice… i definitely do not advise these kinds of mods on a primary system, due to risks associated to the operation.

Hello,

Here is a small update.

It was not possible to read the Bios while attached to the Board.
Next step was to desoldered it and “convert” to DIP8.

Read was now successful, so I added the DIP8 Socket to the MB and testet the old chip, it still worked.
I Flased a new Winbond Dip Flash and it worked too.

The next step will be the actual Bios Modding.

Greetings BazzT

Nicely done, go for it.

Hello,

Next update, i have enabled the “Admin” Part under Advanced in the Bios by switching to “Extended User” under Access/Use. It can be done for all subpoints that you want / need to access.
Now i can change PCIe Speed / With / … but there is no Point to change the Bifurcation setting like written in the examples.

Screenshots of the actual Bios “Setup Configuration”:

There exist Strings that discribe the usage of a Riser in the PEG Slot, but it seems not implemented in the Bios version. The Tokens cannot be found the Setup Configuration.

Is there a way to add this functionality to the “Setup Configuration”?

Otherwise I have to take the bad route :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: → PinMOD described here for old socket
10th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet Page 27
CFG5 and CFG6 need to be 0 (LOW) for x8 + x4 +x4
Conductive and kapton tape is ordered :face_exhaling:

Hello,

conductive tape arrived and i used the G4400 to pinmod.
Not beautiful but it works. Ive cut the copper tape with a scalpell.

Next Boot the x16 slot was bifurcated to x8+x4+x4 and the cheap china riser worked.

Sadly Bifurcation can not be changed trough BIOS, we have to motify our CPU or Socket or Mainboard…