[REQUEST]- delete the UEFI GOP module rx560

@ricardoarteaga - Great to hear it, thanks for quick feedback!

@Lost_N_BIOS
Could you please help me remove the GOP module of thw WX7100 mxm? Wanna put it on my 8740w and make that glorious DreamColor panel last slightly longer.
Also would it be possible for you to shed some light on how to achieve this? I also have a WX4150 mxm and might wanna use it during summer for lower power consumption.

WX7100 MXM orig.rar (109 KB)

Best,

@RMSMajestic - Here you go - https://ufile.io/jxzulpgy

WX7100-GOP-Removed.png

This is done by FF entire GOP Module, then set image indicator byte to 80 (last) for first/only image, then correct checksum
In this vBIOS, the following mentioned above applies - This information (somewhat) can be found by dropping original vBIOS into GOP Update tool
1. GOP image Size = E800h - located @ offset >> 0xEA00h / Select all EA00-1D1FF = E800h size selected - Then fill w/ FF
2. Image First/Last Indicator Byte located @ offset >> 0x271h / Change 00 to >> 80 to set first image indicator to be = last image
3. Checksum Byte @ Offset >>0x21h (OG = 64) - Change to = 0 when checksum checked by GOP Update tool / After edit, checksum will = 80 >> To correct to 0 >> E4-64 = 80, so change 64 to E4 >> Now checksum = 0

Thanks so much! I will follow the guideline and try on the other cards!
----------------------

Also, is it ever possible to remove the GOP of nvidia cards? I’m thinking abt giving 1060/1070/1080/P5000m another try on 8740w…

@RMSMajestic - You’re welcome! And yes, in same/similar manner for Nvidia too.

scratch that

@Lost_N_BIOS

ROG-STRIX-RX560-O4G-GAMING - Could I ask you to delete GOP on this? Bought it for a cousin on an old 775 and it doesn’t want to boot on it…

Thanks a lot.

BaffinRX560.rar (108 KB)

Anyone? Please…

Hey, can I ask you to delete (or at least mark Legacy ROM last) for an MSI Gaming X Rx 480 4GB? it won’t boot on an old Biostar H61MHV, actually I managed to make it boot but the BIOS won’t display, just skips straight into Windows, I’d like to at least be able to make changes to the BIOS without having to remove the card. thanks! :smiley:

Ellesmere.rar (108 KB)

XFX Radeon™ RX 470 4G - can someone delete gop ? cant use card @Asus Ex-b150m-v3 intel

Please make 2 files one is legacy and other uefi so i can check which will work Thanks!

rx 470 orignal bios.zip (109 KB)