Request Dell XPS 9343 Mod I2S HDA Audio

Hi,

I’m struggling with my Dell XPS 9343 to get sound working in Windows 10. I’ve tried multiple bios’ and drivers for the Realtek ALC3263. This thing just wouldn’t work. The diagnostics on boot indicated beeps so sound could work.

Through a lot of stumbling I found that the laptops sound would work in Windows if I loaded Ubuntu first then loaded windows. Through a bit of research I think what is happening is that HDA audio and drivers are working but I2S is for some reason not working (driver/hardware?). The system seems to be able to decide which to use based on the last OS loaded.

But everytime windows then is rebooted the sound stops working again. So I’m guessing its going back to I2S mode with the other drivers.

I’m kind of new to this but is there any way to mod the bios or acpi to mimick Linux? Or possibly mod the bios so that only HDA audio is used and I2S is somehow not used or turned off?

Another idea I’ve thought of is to load a distribution of linux and restart automatically. Maybe before the whole system drivers even start loading?

This way the bios would load windows 10 again in HDA audio mode. Only problem with this is that if the system sleeps, the sound will disable itself again.

Few options, but what be the best and how could I go about it? Any ideas guys?

Thank you.