[Request] Drivers for Windows Server 2003

XP 32 SP3 >>> mod >>>> to work with server 2003 (standard_&enterprise)

Hi, Server 2003 is very similar to XP - On the X64 the SP2 is the same as far as I know.

I’ve got a server 2003 install that doesn’t want to take the XP SP3 due to .inf ____I’m pretty sure it could be modded but I don’t know enough yet how to do this. The reason is if this is possible then the nVidia drivers will install that are XP32 compatible but need to be SP3 compatible.

So this is a request if you will ? !

I’ve installed XP on modern Intel boards thanks to a great tutorial here on the forum - With a little assistance this may be possible to go a little further - I’ll leave it with you - - Thanks

EDIT by Fernando: Thread moved into this better matching OS specific Sub-Forum and thread title specified (the single word “REQUEST” as thread title is not very meaningful)

Why, though? Server 2003 (NT 5.2)'s SP2 is an equivalent to XP (NT5.1)'s SP3 as far as I know.

OK I hear you, I tried to install a nVidia XP GPU driver and was prompted with the "you need XP P3" - Is there any other "app" that would install what is needed so the GPU driver could be installed?

OK I hear you, I tried to install a nVidia XP GPU driver and was prompted with the "you need XP P3" - Is there any other "app" that would install what is needed so the GPU driver could be installed?

Can you show the exact error message? When does it exactly happen?

Try to change yours service pack name through regedit (SP2 -> SP3)
(translated)
1. Launch regedit.
2. Go to the destination: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows.
3. Find the CSDVersion parameter (if you have SP2, then the parameter has a value of 200, if SP1 is 100).
4. For SP2 to become SP3, set the value of this parameter to 300.
5. For our changes to take effect, you need to restart your computer

@fraz

Not enough information.
Brand and Model of graphics card.
All the Hardware Id information for it.
Why you want to use Server 2003 for it?
What are you motherboard, CPU, and memory specs.
If you’re looking to play something quickly with less headaches just stick to XP and get a GT710 PCIe card on the cheap and go from there. Server 2003 isn’t meant for the newbie approach to figuring how to get it to work with XP drivers. Some software may not even want to run or install on Server 2003 even after all that work.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded blank lines and unneeded part of the fully quoted post removed (to save space)