[Request] E3-1200V4 CPU support for SuperMicro X10SLH-N6-ST031

@mdog474
Try to transfer ME-region (3.0.7.60) from X10SLH-F to your X10SLH-N6-ST031.

@DeathBringer Here’s what I did:
-Opened the X10SLH-F BIOS in UEFITool
-Selected the ME region
-Action->Region->Extract as is
Opened the original X10SLH-N6-ST031 BIOS in UEFITool
-Selected the ME region
-Action->Region->Replace as is (using just extracted region)
-File->Save Image file

One thing I noticed is that is the Intel descriptor region, ME has Read=No and Write=No – do I need to somehow change this?

Anyway, I put the modified BIOS (attached) on the board, and it works with the E3-1231 v3 processor but still does not work with the E3-1285L V4 processor.
One thing I will try is to take the BIOS modified by @Lost_N_BIOS and copy the ME region to that BIOS.
For what its worth, the ME region in the X10SLH-F BIOS is version 3.0.7.60, which is the same version as in the BIOS for my X10SLL-F board that works with the E3-1285L V4 processor

If I did something wrong transferring the ME-region, please let me know.

X10SLH-N6-ST031-orig-me60.rom.zip (4.1 MB)

SPS3 3.0.7.60 is a security fix, why would that possibly change Broadwell support? 3.0.7.24 supports Broadwell already.

The SPS configuration for X10SLH-F is different in one bit
<IchStrap15 name="PCH Strap 15">

<Reserved24 value="0" name="Reserved" default="0"></Reserved24> (1 for X10SLH-N6-ST031)

and an additional flash device.

For X10SLH-F Broadwell uc shows first time with bios 3.0 (SPS 3.0.7.24)

@lfb6 I’m new to BIOS modding. What is the SPS configuration, what sort of info does it capture/config, and if I wanted to try to change this value, what tool would I use? If there is a guide already, would you please point me in the right direction? Searching didn’t really help me answer these questions.

@mdog474 There’s no need to do anything with SPS right now. The 2 regions you exchanged are both fine concerning Broadwell support, SPS is not the problem here, just as you found out…

@DeathBringer Are you sure that the bios region/ pei- modules like cpuinit/ core/ setup all have Broadwell support?

Only the manufacturer can be sure.