[REQUEST] Enable Bifurcation settings +++ on Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Silly question, How can I save my current bifurcation settings and preferences to load as default when I clear cmos? The other day I had left my machine on doing a disk check and I came back to my psu (AX1500) red lit. I obviously pulled the plug and re-seated everything and changed power rails and ultimately got the pc up and running. I found the target speed set to 4700MHZ (which would be awesome for the 2697v2) and my settings in bios all screwy like when an overclocking profile is loaded. I tried to save my preferences to a flash drive which was successful but I had a problem loading the file.

Hi all! As long there´s a single Rampage IV Extreme working, I think this tread will live on, so not sorry for resurrecting it :wink: !
I´ve tried to flash Lost_N_BIOS in POST # 30 on my Rampage IV Extreme running BIOS 4901 stock, but the ROG Link button flash 4 times and stops.
Are there any other means to flash this version?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as Bifurcation and NVME boot support will com in handy as I´ve no means to preform a system upgrade in these troubled times.

Tks!

I managed to flash LOST_N_BIOS bifurcation BIOS image. All was required was to remove the power from the wall outlet for a few minutes and the BIOS Flashback worked.
I´d like to thank LOST_N_BIOS for his generosity!

A flash drive formatted fat32 preferably 4gig or below.

Hello and thanks for the great work @Lost_N_BIOS
I was able to flash the bios and saw my SSD in the boot order but I have another m.2 SSD on the extension card and couldn’t quite figure out how to activate and configure Bifurcation. If someone could give me a little explanation about what I have to do I would really appricieate it. Also I know from my GPU that it tends to go into PCIe 2 mode when I update the drivers, is there a way to check if the extension card runs in PCIe v3?

@Lost_N_BIOS the link in #30 seems to be broken
can you please refresh it?

I’m curious, is it possible to enable Bifurb on the 2nd and 4th pcie slots for this board and have them both run 4x4x?

I get that 4x4x4x4 can’t on the 16x wired slots…

@Lost_N_BIOS echoing the last post, the link is dead (tinyupload was on OVH

did it enable the system agent menu or was it just a permanent bifurb mod?

Could someone re-upload modded BIOS files or PM it to me?

@nickname_in_forum

thanks for PM-ing me, but for some reason I can’t reply to private messages (read forum’s FAQ but find no explanation; see no support forum here).
Could you please send message directly to panzer7122 AT yandex.by – in fact, what I need is bootable NVME + PCI bifurcation support in BIOS

I have successfully modified a nvme modded bios that Lost_N_Bios previously sent to me, you can obtain it here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2…n8_hIaeNBWV.rar

Place on FAT32 formatted usb stick, put it in the ROG Connect usb port on the back and hold the rog connect button until it begins flashing, it will take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete.

This only enables the Second System Agent menu that exposes the Bifur controls and PCIE3 compatibility settings., it does not include the PCI menu that expose latency and such/

But, the card i bought only shows one device regardless, i guess either the card is bad or the pin to pin mapping only works on 4x4x4

Hello sorry to revive a dead topic.

I am In the same boat currently

Trying to get Asus Rampage IV Extreme to work with 4x NVME pci card so think I need to enable PCI BiFurcation

Is there a BIOS mod I need to get this accomplished? or would stock BIOS work

Thank you

2 posts above… PCIe BIF by former member Lost and NVMe DXE by that user, for USB BFB operation.

EDIT: Tiny domain went down a long time ago, also user private links are their own, some users are not active any more, i tried to download the link on the above post.

There is also info on the forum on how to enable BIF on X79 boards.

Thanks for your reply.

Tried the tiny upload link from former member lost, seems to be a dead link (maybe I used incorrect one?)

Maybe there are any mirrors or other solutions?

Thanks again

Thanks again meatwar. I searched for BIF on x79 boards and came across a few threads

I came across this for anyone else interested. This way no one else has to revive a dead thread.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/guide-adding-bifurcation-support-to-asus-x79-uefi-bios/33018

I will test it and edit this with my findings.

Regards,

Good morning
I am currently on an R4E. I modded the 4901 bios to be able to boot with an NVMe SSD it seems to work. I also added firmware updates to the bios. The bios works fine.
The bios of the Asus x79 is slightly different. I find the places that must be reactivated by modifying the code “46 02” by “47 02” except that in the bios of the R4e it is not present.

branch menu

0xCDDE5 Subtitle: IOH 0 PCIe port Bifurcation Control {02 87 C0 0A 00 00 00}
0xCDDEC End {29 02}
0xCDDEE Subtitle: {02 87 02 00 00 00 00}
0xCDDF5 End {29 02}
1 Like

Could someone help by possibly refreshing this link to the edited bios for R5E10? Any help is super appreciated!

This thread is about R4E not R5E10 and the user Lost is no longer an active forum member, all user links are private not forum ownership.

Bonjour, as tu réussi à faire fonctionner ta R4E en 4x4x4x4 ? pourrais tu m’envoyer ton bios?
merci d’avance

Good morning
I don’t have a PCIE card with 4 NVME ports so I don’t know.

R4E32nvme5.rar (4.2 MB)

give us news once you have done the tests. Thank you.

1 Like