[REQUEST] Enable Bifurcation settings +++ on Asus Rampage IV Extreme

@nickname_in_forum - @xander0d - that’s to funny, you guys both have issues with the BIOS I asked to not use initially, but you wanted it used, and now you want me to do my original edit plan instead?
What gives… had neither of you guys actually used the BIOS you asked me to edit or what?

From what I’ve seen on MANY X79 Asus threads on this forum, max amount of possible used NVME drives on Hyper card is 3x total, 4th will never show.
This is discussed, troubleshooted, and tried to resolve across many threads here, search and you will find, there is no resolution for this.
My assumption is board is too old to properly work, or BIOS is not modern enough to be able to support it all properly etc whatever the cause is, that’s the limit.

Yes, I can redo on stock BIOS as originally intended Please wait

Wait a minute! I didn’t check yet, but is 4901 BIOS one the ones that says “128GB compatible” in the change log at Asus site?
If yes, I had issues with those, on ANY Asus X79 board, stock BIOS testing, I suggest using BIOS directly before this version if this is the case here too.
* Edit - Nope, not this, I checked and 4901 doesn’t have this update and is still from 2014. Probably should have ME FW and updated microcodes added to this edit at the very least
But, I have X79 ME FW update in BIOS, so you guys should do that on your end w/ ME FW Update tool, but I can do the microcodes if you guys are OK with that?

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you. And sorry for not listening to ypur advice at first

It would be nice if you update microcodes. Thanks!

It’s OK, don’t worry about it, I was only giving you a hard time
Mod may be fine, it may be some stability issue you have with that BIOS? Maybe best you test stock 4901 for a few days, before you test anymore mod 4901, then at least you know if the issues you see are related to the BIOS itself, or the mods.
And yes, OK, I will update microcodes while doing the re-edit as well

V2

Lost, We can’t test this because the stock 4901 doesn’t contain the NvmExpressDxe_4 or NvmExpressDxe_Small Modules required for booting which is precisely why we are using bolt’s mod. The reason that I recommended that you modify bolts already modded bios is because I assumed that it was less work for you, not having to reinsert the modules that we need in order to get nvme support.

@nickname1 _in_forum - What is V2 post about??
Yes, sorry, I guess I didn’t think about that I will make you NVME mod BIOS by itself tonight, then you guys test a for a few days, if all OK, then we test/compare with birfurcation edited one

* edit - @nickname1 _in_forum & @xander0d - 4901 stock + NVME (proper, new/modern one) edit ONLY - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…742751679364475
Flash via USB Flashback ONLY, test for a while and make sure OK, if all OK then I will add bifurcation edit.

I also just noticed, that bolts BIOS is using incorrect or OLD NVME Module, so I’m not surprised you guys have random issues with it.
I don’t even see how you guys were able to flash it in, it must be old USB Flashback didn’t check signatures, because that has unsigned/broken signature too

It was about the version of ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 3.0 X4 Expansion Card V2 asked about in post #20

@Lost_N_BIOS all seems fine with BIOS you provided for testing. Rock solid (at least for 3days).

@Lost_N_BIOS No BSOD with BIOS you provided.

@Lost_N_BIOS 10 days, no BSODs at all. What’s next step?

@xander0d @ nickname_in_forum - Sorry guys, I get lost in here and have to have tagged PM’s disabled, so always buried and behind
BIOS #25 + Bifurcation mod - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…640787011050009

Hello guys, sorry to open up this again, but i’ve just rebuilt my rig after years and want to use the old one base on this mb as home server.
@Lost_N_BIOS is it possibile to also achieve 128gb ram support in the last bios you built? it’s a shame to see 8 slots full and only 64gb of ram

@alex1692 - You can tag and ask dsanke about this here in his thread, I tried to ask him twice about X79 and he said no need, specifically no need for this board too he thought, when I asked previously about this exact model and for someone in this current exact thread too, see post #16-26
Make 22nm PCH LGA1151 motherboard like Z370 compatible with 128GB RAM (2)

Ok, thank you very much, i’ve read that 3D and seems that i should be able to use it by simple populate the mb with 16gb dimms…need to buy and test, i’ll let you know. I had some doubts coz of ark intel says that 3930k is limited to 64gb but i’ve never heard before of cpu limitations in this way

@alex1692 - Read what 3D? Ahh, so you don’t have the memory yet? Please post back once you do, then we can bug dsanke to look if it doesn’t work

Silly question, How can I save my current bifurcation settings and preferences to load as default when I clear cmos? The other day I had left my machine on doing a disk check and I came back to my psu (AX1500) red lit. I obviously pulled the plug and re-seated everything and changed power rails and ultimately got the pc up and running. I found the target speed set to 4700MHZ (which would be awesome for the 2697v2) and my settings in bios all screwy like when an overclocking profile is loaded. I tried to save my preferences to a flash drive which was successful but I had a problem loading the file.

Hi all! As long there´s a single Rampage IV Extreme working, I think this tread will live on, so not sorry for resurrecting it :wink: !
I´ve tried to flash Lost_N_BIOS in POST # 30 on my Rampage IV Extreme running BIOS 4901 stock, but the ROG Link button flash 4 times and stops.
Are there any other means to flash this version?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as Bifurcation and NVME boot support will com in handy as I´ve no means to preform a system upgrade in these troubled times.

Tks!

I managed to flash LOST_N_BIOS bifurcation BIOS image. All was required was to remove the power from the wall outlet for a few minutes and the BIOS Flashback worked.
I´d like to thank LOST_N_BIOS for his generosity!

A flash drive formatted fat32 preferably 4gig or below.

Hello and thanks for the great work @Lost_N_BIOS
I was able to flash the bios and saw my SSD in the boot order but I have another m.2 SSD on the extension card and couldn’t quite figure out how to activate and configure Bifurcation. If someone could give me a little explanation about what I have to do I would really appricieate it. Also I know from my GPU that it tends to go into PCIe 2 mode when I update the drivers, is there a way to check if the extension card runs in PCIe v3?

@Lost_N_BIOS the link in #30 seems to be broken
can you please refresh it?