[Request] Enabling XMP on Lenovo ideapad 720S-15IKB

Hello, is there a way I can enable XMP on my laptop? (I just want to enable the hidden option)
Exact model name: 720S-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81AC
Bios ver. 6TCN40WW, can be downloaded from here
6TCN40WW
I have tried to enable XMP profile 2 using RU.efi(can’t use shell.efi on phoneix bios), according to the extracted offset value, but nothing changed,
I am not sure which UEFI variable part(Cpusetup, SAsetup, or Setup…) shoud I modified.

Thanks in advance, please let me know if anything else required

@Lost_N_BIOS
Thanks

pe32 IFR.txt (1.64 MB)

To enable XMP just

setup_var 0x111 0x3

should work... at least on my DELL it was enough (but for me 'profile 2' was unstable for my RAM sticks, so I used "0x2" setting for 'profile 1' option).

@maxyu - The above info is correct, and here’s how to boot to grub and use setup_var on this system, but it’s a fail - Lenovo Ideapad 720s-13IKB Me Firmware Re-Flash Bios Option
You need flash programmer to edit some things, and this model has Boot Guard enabled at PCH side, so you cannot edit much of the BIOS you’d want to edit for an unlocked menu.

We can however set whatever you want for any given setting, such as change the current memory profile from “Default” to XMP 1 or 2, using H20UVE by dumping and editing vars
Download this package, run the command below from each versions folder which directly contains the exe, then copy this entire folder somewhere and delete everything but any created vars.txt, then zip and send to me. This way you keep only vars.txt in proper folder and only this is upload back to me

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…732875438124725

H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt

Also, please first reflash stock BIOS using stock method, that way any of your failed edit attempts are hopefully overwritten with the stock BIOS flash.

Thanks you suggestion, I had tried this. But it seems phoneix bios can’t use setup_var to modify advanced option

@Lost_N_BIOS - Thanks for your reply, I have recently found a tool called RU.efi(sorry I don’t have the access to post a external link, you can just google RU.efi, and the first result will be the RU.efi official blog)
can I use this efi tool to just change my XMP option without using flash programmer to dump my bios?:thinking:
I have successfully unlock my CFG lock through it, so I guess it’s a possible way to do.