[Request] Fatal1ty Z97X Killer BIOS 2.60 Enable 4G Decoding/Resize Bar Mod

Hello, everyone!

I had some difficulty trying to enable hidden 4G decoding on the ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer by following the Enabling hidden 4G Decoding guide.

After reverting to default BIOS settings with CSM off, and saving the new value to the offset through the GRUB, it did POST fine until the Windows loading screen froze or it went black-screened several times. It looks like the Above 4G decoding setting is not hard-coded in the BIOS even though it is shown in the extracted dump file.

I know this is an old build and I have used it for work/gaming since 2016 but I’m the proud owner of the 5th Gen Intel Core i5-5675C and RX 6800. My intention is to keep using mine for the next few years!

Here’s the ASRock Fatal1yt Z97X Killer BIOS 2.60 from OneDrive.

Edit: the system drive uses a GPT partition. No issues booting Windows 10 with CSM off.

@SilencedEd It’s a DSDT issue which is common on these ASRock boards.

See [Request] Above 4G decoding for AsRock z97 Extreme 9 and Asus P8P67 evo - #30 by Kuri0 for how to fix it

You need to do UEFI patches in addition to this

Based on @Kuri0 it is been addressed as DSDT Issue, here you could try the bios i made with fixed dsdt (ofc rebar.dxe is inserted):
Z97XKil2MOD.rar (5.2 MB)

And
try to make sure that Above 4G is enabled correctly (with CSM Disabled ofc).
Here are the ones i found from IFR setup:
This option is on PCI Subsytem settings > Above 4G Decoding

This one is from Main > (blank folder name) > Above 4G Decoding