REQUEST for a custom BIOS for my Maximus X Hero Non-WiFi

@Lost_N_BIOS One more time, thanks a lot to create a custom bios for me :slight_smile:

Keep it up :wink:

Greetings from Belgium :wink:

You’re welcome @ColonelStrike - bring me BIOS anytime, I’ll try to help!

Hey @Lost_N_BIOS :slight_smile:

Dude, I’m so happy with the modded bios you’ve done for me. Thanks one more time.

However, I’ve found some more tweaks to reduce input lag and I was wondering if it’s possible to unlock these options with the previous also unlocked ?

These one :

-HPET option, TCO Timer and IOAPIC 24-119 like on screenshot(imgur link)
-CPU Microcode without Meltdown & Spectre patches for fully CPU performance.

These are the previous you’ve already unlocked.

But can you “add” these one :

-Xhci hand-off on USB Configuration I guess ?
-CPU SMM Enhancement (all options about it - I guess there’re 3 options available but I’m not sure ?)
-And if possible “Memory Remap” ?

Thanks a lot :wink:

@ColonelStrike - You’re very welcome, and thank you too!

Sure, I can make you a follow-up edit BIOS on top of the other changes. Please show me images of your BIOS at these pages, so I can see what you have visible and what’s missing.
@ Advanced >>> USB Configuration (Show me all you see in here)
@ Advanced >> CPU Configuration (Show me root + All you see here + All within all submenus here too) - ON this, there is CPU Config >> SMM Enhancement submenu with x5 settings inside it, I assume maybe you can’t see this

Hey @Lost_N_BIOS thanks for your quick answer !

Here are all screenshots that you’ve requested me :wink:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042441.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042457.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042504.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042510.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042527.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…91102042538.png

I’ve asked after a edit on my previous post if it was also possible to “add” the memory remap option on the System Agent page but i’m not sure if it’s located on this submenu.

I’ve also found that with AMIBCP software the option “ME State” ? This is not the option to enable/disable ME ? If yes, can you also enable it ? :slight_smile:
Here is a screenshot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019…46-me-state.png

Thanks a lot :wink:

Please put in archive, thanks, sorry for not mentioning initially. Memory remap is enabled by default.
That menu is not within the main setup area, so would require intricate and very time consuming edit to either replace some current setting you don’t use (or one you can’t see etc), or replace some setting/submenu with a direct link to that memory submenu instead.
Ideal thing to do there, would be replace some setting you currently don’t use, or can’t see, in the memory settings area that you can see now, especially if you only want that one setting. Or, even if you want the entire menu, replacing something at current memory page/area would be best move.

That ME setting is for temporarily (per one reboot) disabling ME FW so you can reflash it via FPT (if FD unlocked), this is not anything you want to change.
Is your ME FW messed up? If not, what is your goal in looking at that setting? If you want disabled ME, then you often need flash programmer or unlocked FD (via pinmod), then you make a change at ME FW with Intel FIT tool, and reflash ME FW.
However, iff your ME FW is healthy and working now, then you can also flash this modified ME FW in via ME FW update tool. Once you do that though, you cannot go back to enabled ME FW without the above mentioned programmer or pinmod to unlock the FD, since ME FW would be disabled then ME FW Update tool would not work to flash anything else in.

Ok sorry for the screenshots :wink:

I understand well it’s complicated and not safe to modify options about ME and Memory Remap. Thanks for the explications :wink:

Here is the archive with all screenshots : http://www.filedropper.com/screenshotbiosm10h.

Don’t hesitate to tag me if you need something more :wink:

I can do the memory remap thing (Single setting, or that entire submenu), but you need to pick something you are willing to not be able to adjust, or I can find something hidden from you now to replace probably too.
And ME FW, I don’t know you goal, so I tried to explain everything related there and what your options are. If you want disabled ME FW it’s possible (if current ME FW is working), but unless you have flash programmer or do pinmod you wont be able to go back

If you can just add the single setting about Memory Remap, it’s enough for me :wink: About ME, it was for disabling it 'cause this thing add a lot of latency on Windows & input lag. That’s the main reason.
I don’t have any flash programmer so it’ll be difficult for me to do that :wink:

So, to resume, if I can have this options unlocked :

-HPET option, TCO Timer and IOAPIC 24-119
-CPU Microcode without Meltdown & Spectre patches for fully CPU performance
-Xhci hand-off
-CPU SMM Enhancement (all options about it)
-And Memory Remap (single option)

It will be perfect for me :slight_smile: Thanks a lot :wink:

OK, I can do the single setting addition, but you will need to pick something you don’t care to loose access to so I can replace it. This can be in any menu, but ideally pick something in proper location if you can, but it really doesn’t matter.
And if I see something better than that as a choice, that’s hidden from you now, I will let you know before I do anything

On the ME FW, as I mentioned, I can make you ME FW that is disabled, but then you can’t go back to enabled ME FW unless you later get a flash programmer or do the pinmod and unlock FD (Or you get luck and USB Flashback updates your ME FW from file, but that is rare)

Yes, thanks for the summary again, we can do all that + ME FW too if you wanted. BIOS 2102 or 2203

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS and @ColonelStrike
Bumping this b/c I’d love to have this modded bios.
My system is a 8600k with a Maximux X hero (non-wifi).
I’d like to know if a modded bios with the latest requests by ColonelStrike was ever made?

-HPET option, TCO Timer and IOAPIC 24-119-------------
-CPU Microcode without Meltdown & Spectre patches for fully CPU performance----------- THESE ARE DONE

-New Requests:
-Xhci hand-off
-And Memory Remap (single option)

Thank you in advance.

@jeffrds - Doesn’t look like he ever got back to me. See page 2 again, last few posts, about Memory Remap.
This is non-ideal edit, it’s enabled by default, if you need it disabled I can do that, but I don’t want to put many hours into making a single setting visible when I can just disable it if that’s all you need.
Rest is not an issue

Wow, @Lost_N_BIOS , That was fast!

Ok, let’s ditch whatever is unpractical for you, let’s keep it simple and straight to the point. Don’t wanna waste your time, either.

I’m on the latest bios version (2301)

-HPET option, TCO Timer and IOAPIC 24-119
-CPU Microcode without Meltdown & Spectre patches (patch rev 70, if I recall correctly. Mine currently states “Patch CC”)
-Xhci hand-off

Forget the memory remap thing. If it is already enabled by default, there is no point.
Question: Is the usb bios flashback process enough to roll back the microcode to a before-specter-state?

Thank you in advance.

@jeffrds - Thanks! Yes, it’s much easier to set a single setting exactly to what you want than spend hours to swap that setting in place of something else.
And yes, as mentioned previously to the other user, memory remap is enabled by default, so no need to make it visible unless you wanted to disable, and if that was the case then that’s what I mean and I could simply disable for you in a few minutes vs hours to make it visible via swap with another setting.

-HPET option, TCO Timer and IOAPIC 24-119-------------
-CPU Microcode without Meltdown & Spectre patches for fully CPU performance----------- THESE ARE DONE << As you mentioned, this already done in previous edit.

So you need further edit to make following visible, correct?
-Xhci hand-off
-CPU SMM Enhancement (all options about it) << Please explain “all options about it” I don’t know what all is “about it” you need to tell me specifically what you want visible.

Ohh, wait, you need all edits redone on different BIOS (2301, previous was 2102)!!
Is your CPU’s CPUID 906EA? if yes, it will be rev 70 for the latest non-spectre/meltdown

So you need mod 2301 >>
HPET option, TCO Timer, IOAPIC 24-119, Xhci hand-off, and CPU SMM Enhancement made visible.
906EA Rev 70 - And yes, USB Flashback will put whatever microcode in there that we put in BIOS, but you will need to stop windows from loading it’s own

I see what you mean now on CPU SMM. Please show me images, in zip, all ALL contents you can see inside Advanced >> CPU Config >> ALL in here and any submenu you see in there.

You’re welcome!

@Lost_N_BIOS Hello! Thank you for your reply.

1- Yes. 8600k-906EA
2- Screenshots of Advanced / CPU Conf included
3- Yes, I’m already on the latest stock bios 2301. So, if you can, use that one to mod over.

Anything else you need to know or any other screenshot, feel free to ask.
Thank you again!

------------------------

@Lost_N_BIOS is there anything else that you need for the bios? Any other screenshot?
I imagine that you are very busy with all the requests here in the forum, I hope I’m not being a nuisance.
Best regards

bios.zip (318 KB)

@jeffrds - Thanks, and no worries, I was actually working on your BIOS as you typed in that last reply I merged above
Yes, always busy and buried, I try my best to keep up but still always, I can never keep up and…
Here you go, flash via USB Flashback, and let me know if anything still missing that you wanted
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…813912439857568

@Lost_N_BIOS Wow thank you so much.
I’m at work right now, but as soon as I get home, I’ll try the bios and report back to you!

@jeffrds - You’re welcome!!

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you so much for your effort.
Modded 2301 Bios working nicely with rev70 microcode and all custom options, fully stable!

Flawless Work! You’re awesome!
Best regards!

@jeffrds - You’re welcome, and thank you too!! Great to hear all is working smoothly, thanks you for the quick test and report back!
So, all options you wanted visible correct? If yes, great