REQUEST for a custom BIOS for my Maximus X Hero Non-WiFi

Hey, I was searching all over the internet and this is exactly what I was looking for - specs and all - then I realized it was for the non-wif version. Im pretty psyched about it and would like to send you $100 amazon gift card in advance if you could build the same exact bios for the wifi version of the hero x. Just let me know. Awesome stuff man.

@redf0x - Yes, I can do the BIOS mods for the Wifi version too, and that would be much more ideal than flashing you over to the non-Wifi BIOS.
Since this model does not have USB Flashback, please update to the BIOS version you want me to edit, then load optimal defaults and save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.
Then make sure secure boot is disabled for a bit, no BIOS password is set, Disable TPM/Encyrption if enabled, and then do below, step #1 only and send me the file
Never mind, FPT stuff removed below, I missed the flashback in specs, none of this hassle for you!

Also, just so it’s clear to me exactly what you want, please copy/paste from previous pages and put info below on exact edit you need, and feel free to add to/remove any other edits you want

Thank you for the kind words and appreciation too, I really appreciate it, means a lot, thank you!!
Of course, I’ll also very much appreciate anything you send my way as well, thanks it’s very Info sent in PM

@redf0x - What is your CPU model and SSPEC/stepping, show me HWINFO64 image like below if you are not sure of SSPEC
That way I can get latest non-spectre/meltdown for your CPU (If there is one) - I assume you wanted this, not latest microcode, correct?

HWINFOuCode.png

Yes, please for the latest non-spectre/meltdown. Here is the info you requested:

edit: my mouse cursor is in the middle of the CC

@redf0x - Thanks, so it is exact spec and request as last poster, even down to CPU, except WIFI
Will try to wrap this up shortly! Can you already see the following “Submenus” inside Advanced >> CPU Config, USB Config & PCH Config>>PCI Express Configuration

@Lost_N_BIOS - Yes, I can see all of those submenus already in the bios

@redf0x - Here you go! - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…071424698197422
Change log as noted below - Flash via USB Flashback ONLY, this is stock modified BIOS (anyone can use this). If anything noted is missing, please let me know and I’ll fix it
Also, if you need anything else added/changed later, please feel free to let me know and I’ll get it sorted for you

Enable following BIOS Options -
1. HPET option
2. TCO Timer
3. IOAPIC 24-119
4. XHCI Legacy
5. XHCI Hand-off
6. USB KB/Mouse Sim
7. SPD Write Disable
8. CPU SMM submenu (ALL inner contents)
9. Legacy IO Low Latency
Due to the way certain things are suppressed, other than mention settings may also now be revealed in BIOS

- CPU Microcode edit to pre-Spectre/Meltdown for i7-8600K/906EA
- Removed 906EA Rev CC (12/8/2019) >> Replaced with Rev 70 (8/23/2017)

uCodeDWN.png

@Lost_N_BIOS - This is perfect! I just flashed via Flashback and everything is running perfectly. I see all the new settings. Thank you again man!

@redf0x - Awesome to hear it, thanks for quick test and confirmation back!
As mentioned, if you need any other changes, let me know. Same, if you need other boards BIOS edited, make a thread and I can usually help
You’re welcome, and thank you too!

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you very much for your hard work! Your BIOS mods are a must for gamers as myself. I have exactly the same setup as redfox (8700k, Maximus Hero X WiFi) and really enjoying the performance and stability of the bios that you just made. Thank you again good sir!
As I was checking today for new bioses, ASUS just released a new one(version 2402) that shows added “performance and stability improvements, as well Improved DRAM compatibility”, so if it is not much trouble can you do exactly the same mods as per redfox request with the new one(2402). I did try to attach the file, but couldn’t compressed it enough to fit the 6 MB requirements, so here is the web page with the bioses: asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WI-FI-AC/HelpDesk_BIOS/

P.S. I Apologize for the low level of my English skills, I promise to continue improving it as hard as i can.

@levski - You’re welcome, and thanks for taking the time to stop in say thanks! You’re English is fine
Here you go - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…947872424683002

Change log as noted below - Flash via USB Flashback ONLY, this is stock modified BIOS (anyone can use this). If anything noted is missing, please let me know and I’ll fix it

Enable following BIOS Options -
1. HPET option
2. TCO Timer
3. IOAPIC 24-119
4. XHCI Legacy
5. XHCI Hand-off
6. USB KB/Mouse Sim
7. SPD Write Disable
8. CPU SMM submenu (ALL inner contents)
9. Legacy IO Low Latency
Due to the way certain things are suppressed, other than mention settings may also now be revealed in BIOS

- CPU Microcode edit to pre-Spectre/Meltdown for i7-8600K/906EA
- Removed 906EA Rev D6 (4/27/2020) >> Replaced with Rev 70 (8/23/2017)

uCodeDWN.png

@redf0x - Update 2402 >> See above

@Lost_N_BIOS You good sir are a LEGEND! Thank You very much! I just had a gaming cession and the new BIOS is FLAWLESS.

@levski - Why thank you!!! Thanks for quick test and report back
Great to hear it’s working smoothly for you, and games are running good!

@Lost_N_BIOS

Hey, of course asus releases a new bios version the same day this was done lol. Just noticed it today. Are you able to tell if these new bios have something that makes it worth applying the same mods vs using your current modded version of 2301? I can never tell anymore but according to the ROG forum the 2301 wasn’t the best for OCing.

Thanks!

Link to bios: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG…pDesk_Download/

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) BIOS 2402
"*Updated Microcode for security issue.
*Improved system performance and stability.
*Improved DRAM compatibility.
*Update ME FW for security issue.

@redf0x - Yes, right, that is my luck!
Anyway, that’s why I tagged you, the above BIOS (#50) is that new version (2402) with same mods I did for you day before Look up, then download ^^^
The only thing I could really check vs older BIOS is ME FW version, and CPU microcodes, other than that it’s very hard to see what all is changed, and there is always far more changed than what they show in the short public “change log”

@Lost_N_BIOS - That’s funny. Did not even expect for a second someone would have already asked for this. Awesome stuff again though man. Thank you!

@redf0x - Yes, as soon as I posted the BIOS for your original request, next day user above said there was new BIOS version released, and asked to redo same edits onto the new BIOS This is called "My Luck"
So that’s why I tagged you again earlier, so you could grab the new mod BIOS version too You’re welcome

Would it be possible to make a version for the Non-Wifi version of the Maximus X Hero aswell?

Pretty sure I have the same CPU as @redf0x

@Main_Fighter - See post #36

Correct me if I’m wrong but that is an old version of the BIOS 2301, I was specifically looking for the latest version of the BIOS 2402.

Sorry if I wasn’t very clear, if possible I would like an updated version of that?

@Main_Fighter - Yes, sorry, I did not realize it was the older version for the non-Wifi
I will redo for you tonight on 2402 version