[Request] GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Make nvme ssd card boot from bios Help

Hello can someone please help me if there is a way to integrate for this motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3 ,a newer ahci firmware ,and if it is possible to boot from an nvme ssd card…thanks in advance for your time…i have allready flashed the f8mod from thiw thread…thanks again.

The ahci version is 1.20e and i would like to upgrade it if its possible so it can boot faster…thanks in advance

Sorry i cannot attach the links the forum does not let me…

bios modded version P67AUD43_MOD_7_31_12.F8

Thanks a lot for your time

@mikrokatevas :
Since the latest BIOS for the Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 mainboard is a LEGACY type and not an AMI UEFI one, it is impossible to get full NVMe support by inserting the required NVMe EFI module.
If you want to boot off an NVMe SSD with your currently used system, you have only 2 options:
a) Buy and insert a Samsung 950 Pro SSD (it is the only NVMe SSD, which doesn’t need a specific NVMe module within the BIOS).
b) Ask Gigabyte for an AMI UEFI BIOS for your mainboard.
An update of the Intel AHCI Option ROM doesn’t make much sense, because the v1.20E is the latest, which has been officially released by Intel. All later developed versions were just test versions.

Please see here, crossflashing to Z68X-UD4 is the only way this is possible, and you will need IVY CPU or waste of time due to no PCIE 3.0
https://www.tweaktownforum.com/forum/tec…7408#post747408

thanks for the answer…my only request is to take the file of the modded bios i have and just add nvme support to just boot from nvme card ssd…thanks again for your time

@mikrokatevas - That’s not an option / not possible, that is legacy BIOS and cannot boot from NVME unless you use bootloader type methods.
You have to crossflash to a UEFI compatible board/BIOS, which the only one for this model is the one outlined in the link I gave above (Z68X-UD4-B3)
Then after you’ve done that, you can then modify that BIOS however you want again, using your other desired changes + NVME mod etc.

If you want to stay on P67A-UD4-B3 mod BIOS you are using now, and boot to NVME, your only option is to use one of the USB Bootloader methods below (Still, be sure you use IVY CPU)
[Guide] NVMe-boot without modding your UEFI/BIOS (Clover-EFI bootloader method)
[Guide] NVMe-boot for systems with legacy BIOS and UEFI board (DUET-REFIND)
X58/LEGACY BOOTING FROM NVME DRIVES (PIZUSKI METHOD) (MOST QUICK&SIMPLE WAY)