[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked

For the Love of everything if someone can tell me how to get pass "error 167 protected range registers are currently set by bios"

I have the Aorus 15p YD. Bios FW Version: FB07 EC FW Version: F004.

I am not sure if I am doing everything correctly. but every time I tried to use the write.bat file it keeps giving me "error 167 protected range registers are currently set by bios"

I just want to be able to use my New Ram running at 3200mhz with cl16 instead of 2667hz @CL19

@Taiwanboikia , we have to boot to RU to first unlock the bios before we can apply the new BIOS using Write.bat.

I’m stuck on the same step as well, trying to figure out how to find the two registers in RU to disable the BIOS Lock (Enabled) and FPRR (which seems to be already Disabled).

Any help anyone?

Ah thanks @Sweet_Kitten

For some reason I previously couldn’t from 0x1C but got it and it works.

I have a question though guys, I’m trying to set my memory timings to Custom 16-18-18 1.35V but every time I Save and Exit, it reverts back to the previous settings.

These are the RAM modules I have:

Mushkin Redline Notebook – DDR4 Gaming Laptop DRAM – 32GB (2x16GB) SODIMM Memory Kit – 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL-16 – 260-pin 1.35V RAM – Dual-Channel – Low-Voltage – (MRA4S320GJJM16GX2)
https://www.amazon.com/Mushkin-Redline-N…2/dp/B08QHNJ84W

Any suggestions?

thanks @Sweet_Kitten but after locking the laptop up I don’t think I will attempt to unlock bios again lol I was lucky to get a exchange for a new 15p yd 3080

Greetings BIOS Modders,

I think I have done this correctly.
I have an AERO 15 OLED XD - BIOS Ver FB07 / F004

I unlocked via RU - and seemingly did not encounter any errors.

bios dump located below
wwwdotsendspacedotcom/file/yxiubo

Would very much like to leverage my 3200mhz Memory I got for XMAS.

Hopefully one of you fine folks can mod this BIOS.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi guys, I’m facing an issue with my laptop… I’m losing green colors of the keyboard backlight. It started with “/” key. After a couple of days later, now the “8” key lose its green color also… Is there any reason about this, Is there a way how to fix this. Are any of you facing this?

Hi all!

I have a non-standard question and hope somebody knowledgable can answer it.
I got a second hand (from ebay) Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED SA.
As far as I can see its BIOS is already modded as it has all the Advanced settings for underwalting/overclocking/etc.
The weird thing is that when I enter BIOS, it reports it as "Project Name: AERO 15 Classic-YA".

s-l1600.jpg

Windows installed fine on it and it picked up license from BIOS, all the hardware is working fine. HWInfo reports it as "Gigabyte AERo 15-SA" and BIOS version "FB09" (and not what the BIOS in the photo shows).
It is definitely OLED and the motherboard silkscreen shows "ga-rp75sa".

So my theory is that a modded BIOS from Classic-YA was flashed to it but I understood from the forum that an icorrect BIOS should have bricked the laptop.
Did I misunderstand the whole thing about incorrect BIOS bricking laptop?
Thank you!

Recently bought Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED KD and comes with the latest firmware FE01 / F004. Try to use RU.EFI to change the FPRR VarOffset and BIOS Lock VarOffset but no luck. RU.EFI hangs after i have changed the value.

Hey all!

My Aero OLED YA keeps overheating with the most basic tasks even after repaste and thermal pad replacement. I want to unlock undervolting and package ratio tuning which have been disabled in XTU since the whole Plundervolt thing. Can you guys guide me on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I would like to unlock the Bios in my laptop. I do not have any experience in doing this, made a backup but i haven’t unlocked the bios.

1drv.ms/u/s!AlM8xo6pTyiPnoNaKVj19BgBnPl8LQ?e=iZF3XH

[REQUEST] I DUMPED IT BUT RU.EFI DIDN’T WORK

I TRIED BIOS FB07 (LAPTOP IS AERO 15 OLED KD)

I CREATE DUMP.ROM BIOS VIA FPTW64.EXE AND MOD AMITSE, CHANGED IT.

THEN I TRY TO MOD FPRR (TO AVIOD ERROR 167) AND WRITTEN SUCCEESFUL.

BUT I RAN FLASH.BAT, ERROR 167 OCCURED.

HOW TO DO?

I found fprr setup_var 0x683 and bios lock is 0x1c

i changed amitse to unlock hidden features.

BACKUP_TOOLS20H was also used in the forum, but no dump files(bin) were created.

what is the decryption key for the bios mod file on
mega.nz /file/y1kDQYaC#CxVKWIMYaImD1Ry8RjWobPboZPdQNqMG_VwGnDiUPnY

Thanks Fred

Dear All

Can you guide me from the beginning as I am not familiar with BIOS upgradations through cmd or AMIBCP software but mine has the same specs

Bios Versio FB05 - F004
Gigabyte Aero 15-XA with i9-9980HK

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

I have recently unlocked my Gigabyte Aero 15 YD 94 US BIOS with the help of a person from Taiwan, but I don’t know what to set the system to correctly support Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz CL16 2*32 GB RAM. I have the unlocked advanced menu…

Any advise from you or anybody in the forum would be awesome.

Many thanks.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Could you give me a modded BIOS for my laptop Gigabyte Aero 15 XA with official FB09 firmware version? I just unlocked it following your instructions.

It has an Intel i7-9750H CPU.

Here you have my backup files, following @Sweet_Kitten method:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vfUuH_smwlt2ebX414dI5Y_vfepI2LU5

Thank you in advance! Wish you all the best!

Finally managed it by following this link, but keeping FB09 instead of flashing B04:

I got working BIOS with all unlocked options.

After wrestling with this issue all day, I found out that all Aorus or Aeros with FE bios are write locked and cannot be write unlocked. Maybe it requires a SPI flasher. Apparently gigabyte did a minor revision and they differentiate between FB and FE units. If you download the latest bios update installer, you will see gen1 and gen2 in its folder structure. Gen1 is FB, gen2 is FE. But not all hope is lost, you can still write to the var strings and turn off overclocking lock. Watch this video for a how to guide
Make sure you use the correct var strings from your own biosdump/ifr extractor output. You also need to disable secure boot/turn off tpm when you dump your bios and make the changes with grubshell.

Hey everyone,
Hey @BDMaster

I have just experienced some weird stuff happening after Intel ME / Chipset Update.

While BIOS is still unlocked and I can use overclocking menu there, software CPU control i.e. ThrottleStop is not working anymore.

Also, EEPROM bios lock bit seems to have changed as I always get locked message when checking with FPT even after changing the bit with RU.

Is it even safe to try flash my modded bios with FPT after ME / Chipset update?

hello, I have same laptop 3060 my current bios is FB08.
if you have the same laptop can you send me the moded bios
bcz lost_N_bios is (Retired)