[Request] Gigabyte G5 KC Bios Unlock/ Mod

@Sweet_Kitten
h ttps://wwwmediafire.com/file/s3x6uit6703…ults20.rar/file

My back up of the Gigabyte G7.
Does this work at all? :slight_smile:

@no-harm
A quick glance made it clear to me that the G5 and G7 have identical bios.

Can I burden you with the task of making the fix for me? :slight_smile:
I still can’t find what HEX key to edit.
And besides, I rather have somebody does it who has done it before.
@Sweet_Kitten

Hello @Sweet_Kitten , please unlock undervolt! :slight_smile:

www4.zippyshare.com/v/OtacvnHu/file.html

Hello @Sweet_Kitten , please unlock k5 bios :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance.

RE.rar (46.1 KB)

x64_bios-region_14.0.36.1158.rar (4.62 MB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.part1.rar (5 MB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.part2.rar (1.46 MB)

results.rar (59.3 KB)

Hi friends, like i promised to Sweet Kitten, i made a Patch for the Bios version FB05 (Thanks to the Bigger CodeRush) :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4r13mj98z…h_FB05.rar/file

Just follow the instructions, Dump.bat - Replace.bat - Write.bat , all by a double click, it will replace the SetupUtility modded by Sweet Kitten into your
bios backup and then reflash it back, all in one …

You are awared it is only for the Bios Version FB05 !!!

Let me know
Regards

Hello @BDMaster.

Excuse the question but I don’t think I understood you, what is this patch for? What improves or what changes?

Is it for people who want to modify the stock bios or for people who did @Sweet_Kitten ki mod?

Thank you

Hi friend, that patch is for all users who want to get the bios mod from their backup as Sweet Kitten wrote me to follow this thread … i am not always here to modify any bios, so
made the patch to help any user who wants get it, it is only for the Bios version FB05 !
Regards

Hi Sweet kitten, i have make backup of the my actualy bios ( sorry for my english) i need bios mod too for undervolt my g5!

Hello, has anyone tried the patch done by BDMaster? Would like to know before I do it cause I don’t have a programmer to flash back if anything goes wrong.

If it’s possible would also like to know the setting you need to change in the BIOS after that to allow undervolting in XTU/ThrottleStop. Thanks!

@Sweet_Kitten hi can you make me a bios mod? drive.google.com/file/d/1C2h7cu5nWkTKsREKRRWBOrhk1WdmJSMJ/view?usp=sharing

hello, I applied the patch, but in the intel xtu program, the changes are not active

thanks a lot

thanks!! i probe, all works! enable intel XTU in bios and works with utilite in Win

Hi guys anyone know about the machenike t58-v? it is very similar to the G5 KC same specs i5-10500h,rtx 3060 its pretty much the same laptop. I know this is not the right thread to post but i dont know how to make a thread and this is the closest it gets. The bios goes like this BIOS ver:1.07.04TQLM6, KBC/EC ver:1.07.02, ME FW ver:14.0.47.1516. In the MB series it says: NH5x_7xDPx. sry dont know how to post photos. Im super noob in all this I dont even know how to make bios backup. I just wanna know if there is a posibility of unlocking to undervolt because those temps go 88c!

It is possible.

@Sweet_Kitten Can you check mine I tried to make a bios backup using the BACKUP_Tools20h and got the results20.rar maybe you can unlock it thanks a lot im noob at this so I need help.

edit: can you help me unlock undervolting on this machenike laptop? @Sweet_Kitten I really need it, I know this is not a G5 KC as it is a Machineke t58-v so maybe it will work, thanks and sorry for the trouble :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

results20.rar (11.6 MB)

@BHELICKS
Please, try this and respond whether Advanced and Power tabs appeared or not. Run “FLASH.bat” to install.

Hello @Sweet_Kitten It worked! I cant thank you enough, there is so many settings! I’ll try not to brick this pricey laptop so I use throttlestop as I think it is safer but the unlock voltage control is still locked and to answer your question Yes Advanced was already available before with little options but now it has a Power tab and lots of other setting that I dont think I’ll touch. thank you so much.

Can you help me with how to unlock voltage on throttlestop? :slight_smile: thanks